Menu
AliBlabe
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Installation delays

Hi All, 

I know there are other threads on this but I thought it was easier to start a new one. I see many people having the same issue as I’m having, Neighboors have VM but yet it seems to be an uphill battle to get my own installed. 1 woman said it was going to take 6-8 weeks only after I had to ask her the same question 6x and her denying she had a time scale, she offfered a £70 credit and I just cancelled the order as I can’t go 8 weeks without internet, the next day I organised some temporary internet on a very expensive dongle type thing from Vodafone on a monthly basis and phoned VM again as I couldn’t believe they advertise my address is ready to connect, take the money and then I get a text 12hrs before saying it’s delayed without any idea of whether it’ll be a week or 6months? The lady I spoke to second time said it wasn’t to do with waiting 6-8 weeks it was about getting permission to go through someone’s land and sounded a lot more promising and assured me she’ll look into it and get back to me, based on what other people have said about their call back I doubt that’s going to happen, so now she has started me a new contract to resolve the issue and meanwhile I didn’t accept the 70£ credit offer, (my fault). I just need to know how long this will take and what needs to be done, the customer service truly is terrible, far worse than other big network providers. 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation delays

Virgin have their own network in the ground. Even if it runs past your address there is no guarantee your house is serviceable if you have for instance a block paved drive, which VM will not dig up.

Construction to install a service tee can take 6-8 weeks owing to Local Authority permits being required. There are many reasons for construction to be required:

Blocked ducts.

Service tee not installed during the original cable build.

Alterations to the houses on the road since cable build.

Also if the ducting to the tee has to cross private land then wayleave must be obtained from the owner.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos