cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation delays due to cable pull

kdargan
Tuning in

Hi There

Like many others, I have been experiencing installation delays - placed the initial order on 2 March 2023. There is currently no cable running into the property. I have been advised numerous times that it will be done in due course, but no one seems to know when will this be installed.

Installation date has been pushed back 3 times already. 

I have spoken to the various teams on the below numbers, but no luck.

08000521734 - preinstall team
08000525738 - field technician department

Anyone has had any luck on how to get exact information on external cable pulls into the property?

Thanks

Karan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@kdargan wrote:

Hi There

Like many others, I have been experiencing installation delays - placed the initial order on 2 March 2023. There is currently no cable running into the property. I have been advised numerous times that it will be done in due course, but no one seems to know when will this be installed.

Anyone has had any luck on how to get exact information on external cable pulls into the property?

Thanks

Karan

sit back and take a fiver and a bit compensation from the 1st install date - you might have to fight or push for it but if and when it gets to that come back here for help - in the mean time keep records

as for meaningful info - forget it - if you ring what VM offers as CS - i.e. offshore they will tell you its guaranteed tomorrow because thats what their screen shows them - it might do but its more than likely will not - they are clueless - the cable pull will have gone to outside contractors and their planning and communication with VM does not exist - they live in a different world - they will get to you as and when - they may find problems but will not communicate that back to VM - in other words you are [or may be] looking down a deep black hole that is VM installs

so

1 - dont cancel your existing isp until VM have installed you - the record is just over 13 months

2 - dont cancel the VM install even if patience runs out and you go else where - let them install and cancel in the 14 day cooling off period and collect a fiver a day compensation

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@kdargan wrote:

Hi There

<snip>

Thanks

Karan

See reply just posted below to a similar query

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/No-virgin-cable-from-pavement-into-my-pro...

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@kdargan wrote:

Hi There

Thanks

Karan

sit back and take a fiver and a bit compensation from the 1st install date - you might have to fight or push for it but if and when it gets to that come back here for help - in the mean time keep records

as for meaningful info - forget it - if you ring what VM offers as CS - i.e. offshore they will tell you its guaranteed tomorrow because thats what their screen shows them - it might do but its more than likely will not - they are clueless - the cable pull will have gone to outside contractors and their planning and communication with VM does not exist - they live in a different world - they will get to you as and when - they may find problems but will not communicate that back to VM - in other words you are [or may be] looking down a deep black hole that is VM installs

so

1 - dont cancel your existing isp until VM have installed you - the record is just over 13 months

2 - dont cancel the VM install even if patience runs out and you go else where - let them install and cancel in the 14 day cooling off period and collect a fiver a day compensation

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi tony Thanks for your reply.

VM emailed yesterday and have pushed back the installation date yet again.

Its an absolute joke and there seems to be no comms between the field engineers and Customer service, which is crazy.

But I like your idea on claiming the compensation and seems like that is the only thing I can hope for!

I hope the service improves in the very near future.

If I get any updates, I will post them here.

Thanks

Hi @kdargan 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that your installation has been delayed. We understand this can be frustrating but unfortunately delays do happen on occasions due to the way we provide our network to our customers. The teams will already be working hard to complete the necessary works to allow the install to go ahead and you can keep up to date by speaking to the pre-installs team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 options 1, 3 then 4. 

Alternatively, we are able to keep you updated at our side, but it could take a few days to get back to you with any further questions or concerns. 

You can also find out more about automatic compensation here if needed.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley

Thanks, but your preinstall team have not been able to help as they have no information regarding the outside work. This is because you are not able to get information from your own contractors and there is no way to contact them.

FYI - The installation has been pushed back to 8th May (delayed 4 times).

Its not great service, and a lot of people have faced the same issue.

Thanks

Does this ineptitude fill you with confidence?

I'd seriously consider jumping to one of the OpenReach providers if possible...

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Carley_S wrote:

Hi @kdargan 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that your installation has been delayed. We understand this can be frustrating but unfortunately delays do happen on occasions due to the way we provide our network to our customers. The teams will already be working hard to complete the necessary works to allow the install to go ahead and you can keep up to date by speaking to the pre-installs team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 options 1, 3 then 4. 

Alternatively, we are able to keep you updated at our side, but it could take a few days to get back to you with any further questions or concerns. 

You can also find out more about automatic compensation here if needed.

what a great answer - ticked all the boxes and said absolutely nothing - not sure what answers you can come back with seeing as its with the external contractors who you get no info from what so ever

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks

My apologies, but I am not able to understand the chart (I am just an average internet user)

With regards to confidence levels, that was broken by Virgin media a while back who are not able to provide information at all. I am surprised that they are able to continue like this. It has to be costing them money and bad reputation, yet they dont seem to care.

Hence my 'run away while you still can'

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7