Menu
Cdemartino84
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Installation delayed

I am asking on here for one of your construction team to call me in regards to a delayed installation of over 2 weeks I am extremely annoyed to be to 2 days before that this was happening and to be left with no services in the interim is not acceptable 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation delayed

Blockages in ducting cannot be found until a cable pull is attempted, which happens one or two days before the internal install. If a blockage is found then a third party construction team has to assess the work, create a plan & forward it to the Local Authority for approval. The Local Authority will either approve it & issue a permit or reject it, in which case the whole process has to start again. LAs can take several weeks to issue permits, so a 2 week delay is pretty good.

The advice is always to overlap your new services with your old provider when moving to a seperately wired network.

Openreach, who do installs for the majority of other providers using BT exchanges have "paused" all new installs until April, so Virgin are one of the few providers still doing installs during lockdown.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos