Menu
bam94
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Installation delayed for the third time

So I originally took out the installation in late April. Every time the installation was supposed to go ahead, I was notified less than 24 hours before that the installation has been postponed to a month away. This is the third time it has happened now. 

Installation was due on the 24th June. Even spoke to a member of the Virgin Media phone support who confirmed 100% that my installation would go ahead yesterday and sent me a text message detailing this. Received an email just an hour to say that it has been postponed to 17th July.

Absolutely ridiculous. Their excuses have been that exterior work needs to happen but by the third time, you must know what and who you need to complete it. Nobody has even come to visit the street.

Literally the worst broadband service ever.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation delayed for the third time

You can't just start digging up the street. Once you know you need to dig you have to apply for planning permission which can easily take upto 8 weeks depending on the council. 

0 Kudos
bam94
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

3 months later does not suffice planning permission.

Besides, I spoke to a colleague at VM who confirmed that it would definitely go ahead a day before the delay message came through. Poor customer service.
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Vm don't know when things will happen. They guess and if they don't get the documents back or work done by then they reschedule. Yes it's poor but that's how they operate because they don't communicate with their contractors etc. 

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @bam94,

I'm so sorry to hear of the pushbacks you've been given with your new installation I understand how frustrating this is! 

I've just taken a quick look into the account and can see that the appointment date is still set for July - from what I understand, the property had been hard-disconnected previously, which means the cables had been completely removed and our engineers need to carry out a re-pull to get the property re-wired. This job alone can be fairly straightforward but, as advised, permits are required once any external work is due to take place and can cause unpredictable delays. 

Unfortunately, as this is over with our engineering team, there isn't much more we are able to do from here in regards to the installation date, I do apologise. 

Our pre-installations team have a dedicated number on 0800 052 1734 in the meantime. 

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos