Menu
Rachel4273
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Installation delayed again - elderly mother without phone until July

I ordered a package for my mum's house on 25 January 2021 and despite initially being told the installation was February, was subsequently told the earliest possible installation was 26 April 2021.

Now on 23 April 2021, my installation has been put back to 22 July 2021.

I have had at least 3 calls over the last 2 weeks from VM to check that I was okay with 26 April and make sure I would be at home that day!  VM's pre-install team even came out last week and said that everything was okay to be done on time.

Mum has given notice on the current broadband, so now my elderly mother will be without phone and broadband until July.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation delayed again - elderly mother without phone until July

Some ISPs are OK about extending contracts for leaving customers, might be worth seeing what the old ISP can do.  And also whether VM can expedite a connection.  I'll mark this for a staff response.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel4273,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, I am sorry to hear your Mums install has been postponed again and her current provider has already been given notice, have you spoken to her current provider to extend the disconnection to July, I will be more than happy to have a look into this as I wasn't  able to find any details for your mum with the details we have for you.

So I can have a closer look and see what has caused the install to be postponed I will send you a invite into a private chat where we can discuss your Mums details further, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Rachel4273
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.  Someone from VM has called me this afternoon and explained that they are waiting on permits from the local council.  I will speak to my mum's current phone provider and see what they can do.  It's frustrating for me as we have already waited 3 months, had phone calls from VM to confirm the date of the 26th, and then at the last moment, are told it is delayed by another 3 months.  

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I do appreciate the frustration Rachel, it is hard as we do have to wait for the permits and the dates can change, some works require us to close roads while we dig them us and these are the ones that take the loges especially if it is a busy road.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos