Menu
baltgabo
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation delay

I have moved to a new flat and ordered the Gig1 broadband package, at the time I was told it would go online on 9th of April.

The pre-install team has completed their work, but on my installation day the technician informed me that the connection was on the wrong side of the house, and that the pre-install team would need to come back, redo the work on the other side and I would receive a new going online date. Was told this would be handled as a priority.

After a week of waiting I started calling, and a few tries later, I received my new date: 29th of April. Frustrating, as we are working from home and have spent a lot already on spotty mobile data plans.

As my new installation date is fast approaching, i grow more and more concerned to see that no groundwork has been done in front of my house at all. On the phone they just said I shouldn’t worry, but I really don’t want to end up waiting all day Thursday just to be told that i won’t be connected yet again. Does anybody have any advice as to who I could contact to get some answers? Reading through some of these threads, looks like a lot of you have experienced similar issues with the lack of communication and having to wait weeks and months. This is completely unacceptable. If there are issues I expect to at least be told what was going on. I cannot work without proper internet connection.

Really worried about Thursday. I’m not even a customer yet and I want to not become one if this is the level of service I can expect.😖

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation delay

Good Afternoon baltgabo,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see there's been some difficulty performing the installation

I've looked for your account but cannot seem to find this. Can you please advise me if we've been in touch with you since your post?

It would also be helpful to know what time slot you were offered for the installation

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
baltgabo
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation delay

Hi David,

Thanks for your response. I had the installation carried out today (finally!), and everything works fine. I am relieved although slightly confused: There was no additional pre-installation work done at all. My broadband was connected through the original pre-installation cabling which means it could have been done by the previous technician weeks ago. The technician today was quick and helpful, no issues at all. Very strange, but i'm happy to finally be able to work properly.

Thanks.

0 Kudos