Menu
NinaRom
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation delay

Hi there,

• We were supposed to have broadband installed on Sunday 5th December. Haven't received any updates from the engineer side of things before this date. I called customer service several times only to be put on hold and transferred and put on hold again with no real answers. The engineers did come in the end but with no broadband hubs (delivery delay because of lockdown) and therefore we couldn't have it installed that day. While I totally understand that these things happen (and it was by all means no fault of the engineers who were very understanding and helpful) I would expect an update about this. I still haven't received any information about a new date for installation and would like to know when this is happening.

Anyone had any similar experiences and can help?
    Thank you!
0 Kudos
NinaRom
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation reschedule

Were supposed to have installation on Sat 5th Dec but no hubs were available. The engineers told us someone will get in touch asap with a new date and haven't heard since. Need this sorted asap as our current contract with a different supplier is about to end. 

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation reschedule

@NinaRom Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it doesn't get your issue resolved any quicker and is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

This forum is not usually the fastest way to contact VM for support, it could take staff several days to get to your thread, so if you need an update now then calling VM on 0345 454 1111 is best.  The call centres are very busy so calling at 8am on a week day is best.

If you can't get through on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.  
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

My advice would be to see if you can postpone the cancellation of your existing service.  The VM broadband does not use the phone line that your existing provider uses so you can have both running alongside each other.  Once the VM setup is complete then cancel your old service.  Without the overlap you risk having no broadband for a time.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos