cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation dates and extra work outside

Meowsters
Tuning in

SO Virgin has installed lines using the openreach poles outside our property, a nice sales person came and spoke to us about having Virgin services, we said we only need broadband, so we got sorted out on the doorstep all signed up and everything with an install date of the 12th July great, I call my old supplier and cancel as I was still in contract with them, they will switch me off on the 13th.

Next day knock knock knock same sales person at the door, 'there has been some problems with the system we need your details again', ok gave details, install date now changed to the 28th, call my old provider un-cancel, re-cancel for the 29th.

Text message your install has been changed to the 13th July, ok this is now getting stupid, calling my original provider up and changing cancellation dates, they must think I'm a nutcase.

Today a new text message saying they need to do more extra work outside and are changing the install date to the 8th August.

I have totally lost faith in actually getting Virgin installed, at this point in time I don't even want to deal with Virgin anymore, I called my original provider and un-cancelled and told them I will be sticking with them as we cant afford to be without internet and a phone line.

Contacted the original sales person who came to our door and they assured me to not listen to Virgin customer services and that the install will go ahead on the 13th, though so far it changed 3 times dealing with them already, don't know who to believe anymore, couple that with your absolutely useless website, which if you want to buy something works flawlessly but if you need help or try and make an account or do anything else your thrown to missing pages and errors.

Should I wait and see if Virgin install on the 13th knowing I still have my original broadband supplier if no one shows up then cancel Virgin, or just cancel Virgin all together, as I don't really want to be paying for 2 lots of internet as now I'm not messing my old provider who has been amazing but just cant give us the speeds we want, been on hold to customer support for an hour no answer put the phone down I am tired of this now, tbh I don't think I'm going to answer the door if they show up to install it, I cant get a straight answer from anyone, I'm not sitting waiting on the phone for hours till someone decides to answer, it took 4 minutes to get through to my old provider, and top top all this off I am stuck in a o2 contract for 18 months, I am now worried if anything went wrong in the long run with virgin and I am having this much trouble getting a straight answer now what will it be like in the future.

I just want a straight answer from someone, or for this to be cancelled.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

what is the O2 sim - i know its all to do with the volt package which as you mention upgrades your broadband for free - but did you want the O2 bit - afaik you dont need to have that - you can have just BB - but they are quick at sending the sim so you have probably gone past the 14 day cooling off period - the sales man might have been nice but he has sold you a pup imo 

again imo regardless of whats you do you need to open a complaint - they will likely close it - lose it or ignore it but that matters not its the first step in another complaint to CISAS to resolve the package you did not want and the rubbish you are being told and the hassle thats coming your way

as to the install date - let it happen - if they turn up then you can make a decision to keep sky or vm - you have 14 days from then to cancel vm at no cost 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Kitty doesn't get enough exposure on here. 

Try the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.

The usual advice is to keep the original ISP going until actually plugged in and live with VM. You will not be billed by VM until that happens. You may also get automatic compensation from VM in the mean time https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ps not sure how O2 come in to it but there are some good VM / O2 combo Volt benefits too https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-o2

The o2 thing, was something that had to be taken out there and then when ordering the broadband on the doorstep, it seemed a bit odd that I needed to take out a phone contract with my broadband but I just thought that's the way it goes and they doubled the speed for the broadband too, but thank you for the reply I will try the Pre-installation and delivery team number.

I have an update, I will try keep this short as I am livid.

I contacted Install team and I have been told that they don't have the proper planning permissions to dig the road up so there has been a delay and that's why they have moved my install date from 13th July to August 8th.

VM has used the Open Reach poles in this area to put their cables up and some of my friends are already using it on their road.

Customer support has NO idea what a telegraph pole is and has NO idea that VM are using them instead of digging the roads up, well around here anyways.

CS told me no permits cant dig, so delayed, 2 times they ended the call, now I am beyond livid and wished the sales person had not knocked on my door offering me VM.

Contacted the sales person, who has assured me that the install will be on the 13th, to ignore CS as they have checked and everything is live at the pole, seen multiple VM install vans pop around and look at the pole then drive away I assume these are the ones who have checked the lines are live and are ready for the 13th install.

So my problem is, CS does not know about pole installs and just assumes because the road has not been dug up and there is no permits been issued that there is no live VM lines, I have cancelled 2 appointments on the 13th for VM to be installed this is now beyond a joke.

I have just had a txt message confirming the 13th install date but the email and my phone app telling me its been delayed.

I need someone to contact me can actually help because I am now at the point of cancelling and taking a new contract out with SKY.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

what is the O2 sim - i know its all to do with the volt package which as you mention upgrades your broadband for free - but did you want the O2 bit - afaik you dont need to have that - you can have just BB - but they are quick at sending the sim so you have probably gone past the 14 day cooling off period - the sales man might have been nice but he has sold you a pup imo 

again imo regardless of whats you do you need to open a complaint - they will likely close it - lose it or ignore it but that matters not its the first step in another complaint to CISAS to resolve the package you did not want and the rubbish you are being told and the hassle thats coming your way

as to the install date - let it happen - if they turn up then you can make a decision to keep sky or vm - you have 14 days from then to cancel vm at no cost 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I was on o2 anyways and the cost was the same as my old sim so I just swapped the accounts over to the new one, I was only about 3 months into my other contract but o2 switched my number to the new contract and just closed the old one without penalty so I will just keep the o2 sim now but I have only just swapped it over as I had come to the end of my 14 days cooling off, but really I didn't need a new one and they are making everyone take o2 sims out with them when they knock on your door, all my friends have sims too, but it doubles my speed for VM if they actually come and install it and I am no worse off with o2 than I was before.

Thankies for your help.