Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation date postponed last minute

So long story short, I have been dealing with Virgin and their installation teams since the end of April.

I finally got the cabling installed last week, so the cable has been pulled to the T outside of my house, so that was great news and we had a scheduled installation for the 31st August, which would be this upcoming Monday.

I've just gone online now to check the status of everything and out of the blue, the actually installation date for the internal engineer to install all of my services has just jumped from 31/08 - 16/09 which is a 3-week delay and I have no idea why?

I can understand if Virgin media don't have enough engineers for these installations, but to wait another 3 weeks is a little absurd. Anyone else had any experience with the likes of this?

I don't work for Virgin Media, all my opinions are my own.
10 years in IT. Web Developer.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation date postponed last minute

That seems really weird if you already have the cable and outside box. Perhaps someone from virgin can help out? 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation date postponed last minute

Thank you for your reply. I spoke to someone from Virgin, apparently there was blockage found (again) and that's the need for the 3-week extension. Apparently, it wasn't found at my house per se, it was further down which would have affected the wiring later on or whatever, so yeah.

Not sure if it'll even be fixed in time for installation at this rate.

I don't work for Virgin Media, all my opinions are my own.
10 years in IT. Web Developer.
0 Kudos