cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation date, no internet and engineer said this

Whieldon1
Tuning in

So, the engineer come out fitted the hub 5 with 1gbit internet.

30 mins later comes back and says its not work as the company that came and fitted our brown box has either plugged it into the wrong address or the whole network needs rebuilding which can take months... 

I've googled building new network or plugging into wrong address and find nothing? 

Anyone else been told this? 

9 REPLIES 9

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM tech's have come up with all sorts of stories which have been recounted on here in the past. Whether any of them are true or not ....

The tech's are often on timed visits so, if they run into a problem and are going to be late for their next appointment, they may well get creative with their excuses to leave.

You should call the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and explain the problem.

A failed activation will start the compensation clock running for your installation

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

so keep a very good record of VM's actions and any further 'explanations' they come up with as to why your new connection is not working.

Whieldon1
Tuning in

ive already rung them and it was like speaking to a robot just kept saying that they will email the engineers and wait to until they get back to them 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The word 'robot' does appear quite regularly on here when customers are describing conversations with VM's telephone agents.

Unfortunately, I can't think of anything else to suggest other than to wait a time and see if anything happens then get back on the phone again.

One of the VM forum team will reply here in due course and may offer to help.

Whieldon1
Tuning in

anyone from the VM forum team fancy giving me some advice on this please?

Whieldon1
Tuning in

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-14 at 19.34.18.jpeg

 ive had this from an engineer but still no answers 

Whieldon1
Tuning in

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-14 at 19.35.39.jpeg

 And now had an email from virgin with this although the engineer came out today and fitted everything? no explanation on whats going on or anything 

Well I'd imagine it's a standard email confirming an appointment, and hopefully means someone will come out and sort you out. Good luck 😄

Whieldon1
Tuning in

IMG-20230915-WA0004.jpg

now I've recieved this email saying my installation date has been rescheduled to yesterday? 

Hi Whieldon1,

Thank you for reaching out to us, sorry to hear your installation date was changed and that you received an email advised a date which had already passed.

I'm afraid that we wouldn't have any information on why this has been rescheduled from here, but I can assure you that we wouldn't cause any delays unless they were necessary, please call, our our pre-installation team on 0800 052 1734, they will be happy to help further.

Regards

Paul.