cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation damaged wall

PeterP1
Tuning in

My installer drilled through the wrong wall into the bathroom & damaged a tile, fortunately I have a spare. He admitted the mistake & called his boss straight away, I was assured I’d receive a call for the repair to be made vis VM’s insurance. After I heard nothing after a few days I called VM myself & was assured the complaints department would call me….. 2 weeks on I have still heard nothing other than a charge come through of £25 for the install that I hope to dispute for obvious reasons!!!! Anyone have a direct number for the complaints department?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

There is no number for a VM complaints department.

Read this similar topic (and the further topic link therein) on VM's approach to repairing damage caused during installations

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Engineer-damaged-my-property/td-p/5436768

You are likely to be caught in an endless communication exchange with VM, back and forward, but without much actual repairing taking place.

VM don't usually reply here in 'Community Natter'. 'Quick Start' or ‘Managing Your Account – Cable’ are more likely to get a VM reply.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

There is no number for a VM complaints department.

Read this similar topic (and the further topic link therein) on VM's approach to repairing damage caused during installations

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Engineer-damaged-my-property/td-p/5436768

You are likely to be caught in an endless communication exchange with VM, back and forward, but without much actual repairing taking place.

VM don't usually reply here in 'Community Natter'. 'Quick Start' or ‘Managing Your Account – Cable’ are more likely to get a VM reply.

Thanks, the VM response to repairs does not appear acceptable. I will keep pushing!!

Hi PeterP1, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with getting some install damage resolved. Taking a look at things this end, I can see the complaint has already been raised and sent over to the fields team. They will investigate what's happened and come back to you directly. 

We're unable to expedite this process I'm afraid but rest assured the team will be in touch when they can. 

Apologies for the delay. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs