Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Installation charge price for white box

Hi I’m looking to switch to VM and the deal on uSwitch says no activation and no set up costs but I don’t have the white box below for the Fibre broadband. Will you charge to send someone out to install this? When I was filling the form online, just to see the process, there was an option to get an engineer out for “installation”(for £30) rather than the “QuickStart” (free), but it doesn’t say if the £30 option also included installing the white box

many thanks

Mingyusunbae_1-1603234090528.png

Mingyusunbae_0-1603233928811.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation charge price for white box

If an engineer comes out to do the install they will do everything needed to get you up and running.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Let me see if there is anything we can do to help, I will drop you a private message to get some personal details and see what can be done.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well, I took up the same offer a while back when it was £25/month and my first bill was just £50, so just 2 months line rental and no setup charges. 

I didn't have a white box or even a cable to the house. 

So you should be good 🙂 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply

Oh they changed that deal overnight. Now it’s £27p/m for 18 months, £35 set up cost, £50 currys&pc world voucher. It works out around £26p/m

I was just worried that they’d charge extra because I was with them before ages ago in my old house and they charged me £49.99 and didn’t tell me. Was very rude when I asked about it. Like told me there was no installation fee and no activation cost but forgot to tell me there was a set up cost. I’m like well I can come up with more names for you if you’d like! Frankly I thought set up and installation were the same thing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hi jon

Thanks for your reply

Since you’ve said it depends on the property I’ve called up to inquire this morning already 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, please check your private messages.

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos