Menu
chrkousis
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Installation charge and 2 direct debit payments

Hello,

I have recently placed an order for the M350 broadband however I had some problems.

The quickstart kit was supposed to be delivered to a collectplus location however the collectionplus store has stopped accepting any orders. So on the day of delivery I called up virgin media to see where is my quickstart kit and the CS representative has told me that it has never even been sent. The CS representative has told me that he has never seen that one before and so he said that he will be sending an engineer over to connect the router for me after two days for free to fix their mistake. The engineer came and he brought with him the equipment which he set up successfully, however after 15 minutes he informed that there was a problem and he told me that Virgin Media had cancelled my order and that I am no longer a customer. This came to me as a shock since no one has informed me about this. The engineer then told me that it is VM's fault and that they will fix this. I was supposed to have internet set up on the 20th of August and since I am working from home every day that passes without it is a big set back. After a lot of calls, 4 days later and 2 new accounts, my internet was finally working. Today, I received a bill which includes a "manned installation charge" which I have never asked for and there was no need since I could install the router myself with the quickstart kit which I initially ordered. So, VM has charged me an extra £30 for their mistake. In addition to that, 2 different direct debits are set on my bank account for VM where there should be only one. Any help fixing their mistake with the direct debit and the additional charge will be greatly appreciated.  

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Pars
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation charge and 2 direct debit payments

If you have a mobile as part of your package, this will have a separate direct debit set up.
The two should be distinct however because one will say "Virgin Media Payments" and the other "Virgin Mobile".
M350 over FTTP
0 Kudos
chrkousis
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I don't have a VM mobile and I know that the second direct debit linked to my bank account is for a previous account which they have cancelled by mistake. 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi chrkousis,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you have had this experience whilst setting up our services. I'll send you a PM shortly to get your account details so I can have a closer look at what you are being charged for.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos