I placed a broadband order a month and a half ago now and was given an installation date of 29th September. This was then pushed to the 6th October and then I got a text saying that it was on hold and they would be in touch.
After trying to get through to someone many times and said I would have to cancel if I wasn't given any more information, I eventually gave up and would just let it be.
It's now been a month since I heard anything and wanted to see if anyone has any idea what's going on??!
Ours was due to go in last saturday but the team who turned up on Friday to do the 'prepull' to get the connection from the road to the house said a construction team was needed to dig up the road before they could do their work. The new date was 5 December leaving us without internet till then. We have a CATV point outside our house and so I got on to Virgin and to cut a long story short after spending 10 hours on the phone to their call centres (you have to wait in two queues - one for the customer service and then one for the preinstallation team - I was given a number and an option to call but every time I chose the option the call dropped out. I was also given a direct email address to the construction team too but that just bounced back each time) and not accepting no for an answer, I was given the contact details of the local area manager (very disgruntled to start with) who organised for a team to come back and do the 1/2 hour to lay a rope to pull the cable from the manhole in the road to the CATV point outside our house on the saturday. On the monday a team turned up to pull the cable through to the side of the house. After further chasing (Virgin Customer Service said 24 Nov was the best they could do and there was nothing else they could do so I called the local manager again), I am reliably informed by the local manager that one of his engineers will be with us this afternoon to connect us up.
The moral of the story is - do not give up if you want a faster connection. Don't take what the call centre says at face value and ask to be put through to a manager or someone who can make it happen for you. If you can get hold of the local manager (I pushed hard for this and would not let them fob me off) they are the ones that will get it done!