Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Installation cancelled, no more information

Hi there,

I had an installation date for 03/04/2020. It's been cancelled with no further information. I'm left without internet at home. The order date says NaN/NaN/NaN, what does this mean. Just wondering whether to cancel and go with another company that doesn't need to install anything.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation cancelled, no more information

Hello, message 07533051809 with your issue and someone will be in touch as soon as possible.

hope this helps 

kind regards

henry 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, how do I know this number is legit? Just being cautious.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

the number is the same as using the need help function on the website it's all automated and you also need credit to text this number
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ah, ok. Thanks, regretting changing my supplier now. I can't even cancel without spending hours on hold only to be cut off after an hour.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

thats ok i'm trying to get my services activated here since 8am this morning and keep getting a "we're sorry but due to technical difficulties we're unable to help you currently" automated message and to call back later i wait an hour and try again, hopefully the technician that DM'ed me is on the case and helping

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

NaN/NaN/NaN means your install date has been cancelled for any number of reasons, and the best advice you'll get from VM will be "wait 6 - 8 weeks". 

If you already have a non-virgin phone line then other providers will almost definitely be a lot faster to install as no appointments needed. 

Or you could go down the 4G dongle route. 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info. Even if I do want to go with another provider there's no way of cancelling Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You don't have to cancel before signing up to anyone else though, your not in a contract until 14 days after installation, so if you do decide to go with someone else you can cancel when they finally give you another installation date (or you can try it out for 14 days first). Therefore you don't have to spend hours on hold. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

EDIT:  Sorry Z92 - hadnt seen your post

Just leave it - you can cancel without penalty within 14 days of installation. So when its eventually installed try it, and see if you want to keep it then.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos