Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Installation cancelled – can I get New Build  Developer to install missing duct?

In March, a Virgin field sales advisor visited us advising that we could now get fibre by virgin media. I expressed my reservation stating that I had previously (on two separate occasions)  signed up with virgin media field advisors, but heard nothing from them.  He assured me that this time was going to be different. He rang me a few days later and confirmed an installation date   of 8th April and advised me to go ahead in cancelling my existing broadband. I got emails from virgin media and set up my online account where I frequently  tracked my delivery.   On 6th of April, the installation date on my online account changed to NaN,   then later to 18th April,  and then  later to NAN. I then received a call advising  that  ducting was missing between 4 houses i.e  Nos 17- 23 and they had to obtain permissions  and part of  the trench would pass on private land. A few days later I saw a virgin media personnel taking measurements between all four houses, however, in the past week, I have observed that my online account says  I’m no longer with virgin, implying that Virgin media has cancelled my installation.  My questions are

1. Is it normal for virgin media to cancel an installation without informing you or telling you why, it sounds like very bad customer service? How can I complain about this? Any compensation as field advisor advised to cancel my existing broadband.
  2. From this forum, I guess the installation was cancelled because it was not economically viable to  dig the trench. As we are in a new build and builders are on site, we are exploring the option of getting the site manager to install the ducts. Has anyone gotten the developer of a new build to install missing ducts? If yes, can you advise on the best way to go about it.
  3. Three of the Houses, 17,19 and 21 are interested in switching to virgin ( 2 of us signed up already), is there an opportunity to make a case with virgin

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installation cancelled – can I get New Build  Developer to install missing duct?

Hi

Im happy to have a look over the history of this. 

Can you PM me some details please

Address including postcode. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos