Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Installation Workmanship Standards

Hi,

Firstly, i would like to apologise if this is not the correct method to get answers to this, but is seems to be the fastest way to get a response.

I am due to have my services installed in 3 days, today a team turned up to do some external works. Whilst i understand the work is necessary, it should surely be done to a reasonable standard? 

They have caused some damage to the front garden, it is only soft landscaping but hardly the point when they had a brut-ish approach in just ripping it up. Whilst they may put 'it back' it won't be correct and will need to be taken up and redone. My cars are also covered in the debris/dust from the pavement whereas they could have just asked me to move them.

The VM customer service agent i spoke to said they would knock the door prior to commencing work to discuss their plans, if i wasn't happy i could refuse the work but they didn't! 

Should the garden be put back exactly as it was or does the signed agreement mean it can be left as they see fit?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Workmanship Standards

Hi, the workmanship should be excellent and the garden should be put back to a high standard. 
I would recommend speaking to the technician that comes to complete the install. He should escalate this to his manager and they can put a plan in place to resolve. 
hope this helps

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Where they put my cable was underneath coloured gravel, they did ask first and they did do what they said at the beginning, they put everything back as it was, but before it was flat and afterwards there was a hump where the cable was ! (and bits of the green tubing were visible in places...) 

So once everything was installed and working I dug up the cable and did it properly. Like a lot of things, if you want it done right, do it yourself. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

"Hi, the workmanship should be excellent and the garden should be put back to a high standard. "

A glittering career in comedy beckons you, sir.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I speak of my own high standards 

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos