cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Question

kalbairav
Joining in

Hi,

So in about 2 weeks I’ll be joining Virgin Media. I went with the ultimate oomph bundle for £70 a month. M500 Internet with all the tv channels etc.

Anyways, I want the router in a different room to both the tv boxes and I want both boxes to be connected via the coax. Struggling to find an answer online.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The VM tech should install the necessary cables to your requirements.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub and both TV boxes will need a co-ax connection.  The VM tech will do that via adding extra cables and signal splitters from the external "omnibox" to three separate wall boxes.  Only thing to watch  out for is how the cable is run to each wall box.  It could be that the cables run externally - clipped to your  outside walls - or they may want (have to) run some  cabling internally.    So its best for you to be present so you get everything exactly where you want

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.