cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Question

YekinKebo
Joining in

Hi, So in about 2 weeks I’ll be joining Virgin Media. I went with the ultimate oomph bundle for £70 a month. M500 Internet with all the tv channels etc. Anyways, I want the router in a different room to both the tv boxes and I want both boxes to be connected via the coax. Struggling to find an answer online. Cheers.

4 REPLIES 4

mpmc
Superfast

They should be able to do that, but if you want to plan ahead call the pre-install team and ask for a site survey. See here for the number 

HTH

TV, Phone and Broadband using the Hub 3.0 in modem mode, with a Newifi D2 running Openwrt (FTTP/RFoG).

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM will put the hub and TV boxes anywhere you want as long as they can get access to put in their coax. They will not put coax in a loft or over a roof due to health and safety issues. The omnibus will be mounted on the front of your home and connected to the street box via coax. In this box will be a splitter and the three cables will go to the locations you want. The TV boxes must connect back to the VM hub, either by WiFi or Ethernet cables. VM will not install the Ethernet cables. Ethernet is always preferable to WiFI and you could install the cables yourself or get a electrician to do it.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That shouldn't be an issue, but FYI having each TV box and your router connected via co-ax isn't something you ask for... it's how VM works!! The co-ax cable is how the TV & broadband signals are carried.

Your TV box will need a separate internet connection, that can be either wired or wireless to your homehub, Ethernet is always recommended given the choice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @YekinKebo,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

Did you manage to get in touch with our pre-installation team? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide