Menu
BrettsJackson
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Installation Query

Hi - apologies if this is a regularly asked question, I couldn't find one that matched my query!

I want the termination in the house to be where my current master socket/Hub is, which is in the centre of the house - the current hub is here and I have Cat6 cables for certain rooms that also terminate here. 

In order to do this the engineer would need to drill into the crawl space at the front of the house and go under the floor draw the cables through to the space (under the stairs) - will the engineer do this?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Query

We wouldn't normally crawl under floor boards due to health and safety reasons. However if you could place a draw cord from where the current Hub is to where our internal point would be then we could provide the cable/coax on installation date and pull it through this way.

Have you got your installation booked in? As we could always arrange a site survey to run through routing with yourself.

Thanks 

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The engineer won't go crawling, best bet is to route some draw cord along the route you want the cable to take and ask the engineer to leave some slack so that you can then secure the cable in the awkward areas.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
BrettsJackson
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I don't think I explained myself well enough.  

The current master socket/HUB is in the middle of the house.  Maybe I need to have my son on hand to be here under the floor ro do the necessary - perhaps that would suffice the engineer.

I do not have an appointment booked yet - I wanted to make sure that this could be done before I scheduled the appointment - a pre site survey may be best.

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Due to current regulations and covid, etc, engineers request some space whilst they are working, and for people not to get too close to them, etc. it would be best to route some draw cord along the route you want the cable to take and the engineer could then pull the cable through the channel you have made. He will then fix the router in the space you have allocated and it's upto you to feed any other cables you have installed once they have left. 

0 Kudos