Menu
DavidSmith51
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation Problems

So, It appears that my installation has been beset by problems. I was sent a quickstart pack despite never having been with Virgin (a sky customer for the last 25 years). After an hour and a half on the phone I managed to get an engineer to call out who could only install the broadband connection, not the tv. That has now been booked in for January 11th. Yes, over a month away. Not too much of a problem as I intend to keep hold of sky tv anyway. However, when I was sold the package I also took the phone and was told that Virgin would do all the switching. Well I still have a sky phone connection which is still working. How do I contact someone about this as I need to keep that number. I AM SERIOUSLY DISILLUSIONED BY VIRGIN MEDIA SO FAR. I understand that we are still in the middle of a pandemic but the website gives no clues as to how to contact someone either by live chat or phone. Can someone please help???

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Problems

Note that calling ANY VM number is best done at 08.00 to get through with minimal waits - but worth trying other time too.

First try the Pre-installation and delivery team - they may have more info On.. 0800 052 1734

Then Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 - follow options 1,1,4,4 and tell them you are going to cancel unless they stop the number port

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer.

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take several days or up to a week for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
DavidSmith51
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Problems

Thanks John, I'll follow this up on Monday morning

0 Kudos