Menu
nicolengrw
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation - Moved 3 months due to "works outside".

My installation date has been moved 4 times now from the original date of 11 Oct, 26th Oct, 10th Nov, 22th Nov and now to the 18th Dec 2020.

I have been on customer service to the off shored pre-installation team for over 20h of collective calls and have been lied to and given guarantees over the past 3 months. Each time I call, they remark that they will escalate the situation and assure me that my installation will go through. 

Despite the escalations from the preinstall team and the fact that I sign up to the service over 3 months ago, on the 19th Sep 2020, nothing has been done. Many multitudes of other things were told to me essentially saying that virgin will be doing the work and are procuring the resources, permits, etc to be able to do so, but we have had our installation pushed back time and time again. In my final call today on the 14/12/2020 I was speaking to a supervisor who revealed to me that my case had not yet been assigned a contractor by the third party contractors for the works needed outside my flat. Additionally, he hanged up on me in the middle of my call and essentially said that they were unable to control anything and that it was all due to the third party contractors. 

I have had 2 engineers visit the property and check the premises and confirmed that it is possible and that works do need to be done. So, I ask the team - why has our situation been so difficult? I have not had an issue with virgin media in the past and the original sales person assured me that connection with virgin media would be smooth and the broadband I will receive will be fast. All of us in the property work from home and require daily access to internet. We have been out of pocket as we have had to pay extortionate prices for data just so that we can work from home. 

Please can someone with any actual power over the situation please contact them to rectify this get the works done so that we can be provided with the package that was promised? Alternatively, Please provide me with the third party contactors so that I can contact them myself to query this issue. This has taken too long.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation - Moved 3 months due to "works outside".

Outside works needs permissions and wayleaves from the local council etc. so they are likely causing the delays and pushbacks.

And usually if a third-party contractor is involved you cannot contact them directly and have to go through Virgin.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
nicolengrw
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation - Moved 3 months due to "works outside".

Yes thank you. I know that. They have already escalated it to the third party, but it has gone nowhere. It has been 3 weeks and now I get messages everyday saying that the outside works are being pushed back a day. I know that at the end of the week I will receive a message saying that my installation will be moved once again. I am unable to understand why they have no contact with their contractors. Each time I have been told they have the permit and have procured the appropriate allowances form the council to do works, but nothing is done. I live ont he street and can see the box that is there and no works have been conducted. 

At this point what am I to do? Virgin are the only providers of fibre internet in the area.

0 Kudos