cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Mess

PaulSomerset
Joining in

Booked install and go live on afternoon of September 19th, the day back off holiday.

Yesterday, without warning, install guys arrive while I'm at work.

Run cable under stone chippings and under fake grass then fix box on wall - it took 15 minutes.

However, between the gravel and fake grass there is a 2" wooden divider - so they put cable across and stapled it in place.

It looks a mess.

It must be one of the easiest installs they'll ever get and all they had to do was drill a hole below ground thru that wood or just drag the cable under it.

Not a good first impression - and I'm now chasing this the day before we go on holiday.

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM usually use 3rd party installers, so it's hit or miss on the state of the install.  Post of photo of the installation.

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday and see if they can assist with getting the Field Area Manager out?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

1000005973.jpg

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey PaulSomerset,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear that you're not satisfied with the way that your garden has been left after the first part of install has gone ahead. I can see that you have raised a complaint about this and the team have since been in touch to advise what will happen, have you received the email from the team?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L