cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Issue

Daza_1980
Joining in

Hi, I've just recently moved to a new place and taken my broadband package with me, but cannot install my hub as I don't have an inside wall socket, just a wire hanging out of the wall. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Daza_1980 wrote:

Hi, I've just recently moved to a new place and taken my broadband package with me, but cannot install my hub as I don't have an inside wall socket, just a wire hanging out of the wall. 

If there is a plug on the end of the wire post a photo of what you have.

You may be able to use one of these to get connected

https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

If not, call the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and ask for a tech visit to install a wall box/socket

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

Does the wire from the wall have the correct plug to attach to the Hub ?

If not ...

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.

Explain what needs to be done and book and engineer visit.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Daza_1980 wrote:

If there is a plug on the end of the wire post a photo of what you have.

You may be able to use one of these to get connected

https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

If not, call the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and ask for a tech visit to install a wall box/socket

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Daza_1980 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry for the confusion over the wall sockets. From the system check I can see you've booked and then cancelled an engineer visit. Is everything sorted or do you still need help?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John_GS

I've managed to get it sorted now, but thank you for checking that everything was ok

Kind Regards

Daza_1980