Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation Issue

Hi, I am looking for some advice/help we had fibre installed for the first time on Monday 1st June. The installation went smoothly it wasn’t until the following day that I was rearranging the TV unit (not positionally) I just wanted to move the hub from one end of the TV unit to the other end a distance of no greater than 2 feet unfortunately there is not enough cable slack to do this I called the helpline when I eventually got through to someone they said that this was a chargeable fee as I want an equipment re-site and I must pay to do have this done.  All I need is a slightly longer cable I am not moving it to another room is there any to get around this? I did read on another post about going down the thinking about leave route but that seems excessive surely I would be entitled to another visit to resolve snagging issues as the engineer did not actually ask me if I was happy where the hub was sitting. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Issue

Did you tell the Engineer you weren't happy where it was sitting? 

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Issue

I had to move the tv unit out of area to allow him to fit the box inside the house as we have never had virgin installed before he was gone by the time I started putting everything back. It was more a proper reorganise the next day to get everything just right.

0 Kudos