Menu
Aponeill
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Installation Fee

I have just spoke to virgin and they are sending me 2 new 360 boxes, they also said there’s a £65 set up and install and set up charge, if I already have virgin surely it’s going to be a plug in and crack on job, as I already have a V6 box and I’m tech savvy, I can’t see why I would need to pay £65, lastly do the engineers bring the box or is it separate?

thanks in advance 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Fee

@Aponeill wrote:

I have just spoke to virgin and they are sending me 2 new 360 boxes, they also said there’s a £65 set up and install and set up charge, if I already have virgin surely it’s going to be a plug in and crack on job, as I already have a V6 box and I’m tech savvy, I can’t see why I would need to pay £65, lastly do the engineers bring the box or is it separate?

thanks in advance 

Each box needs coax.

Do you already have VM coax run for both boxes, to where you want them?

0 Kudos
Aponeill
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello, yes I do, a double one downstairs for the tv and broadband and one in the bedroom that is on the wall, but never been used in 6 years.

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Aponeill wrote:

Hello, yes I do, a double one downstairs for the tv and broadband and one in the bedroom that is on the wall, but never been used in 6 years.

Maybe VM don't know and assume you need coax runnng since you are getting additional kit?

If the coax not used for 6 years no longer works they might need to replace it?

0 Kudos
Aponeill
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If I get the boxes first I’ll try it myself first.

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Aponeill wrote:

If I get the boxes first I’ll try it myself first.

Makes sense to try.

As I said VM may not keep records of where coax has been run, and can only assume based on the kit you have currently.

Also keep in mind that power levels may need adjusting at the cabinet to keep a stable connection (More devices on the same line!).

0 Kudos