cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Engineer fails to Turn Up

bodhisattwag
Joining in

So, today was the date for the Virgin Media Installation Engineer to come to my apartment - I was receiving messages about the so called "Big Day" to come but alas who knew this will be the outcome.

The appointment was set for a small time window - 1PM to 6PM - great!!!

The clock ticked by and it was 3PM - my gut feeling hinting something is wrong - I open up the chat help and start my chat with a BOT and later a human being - I am assured - the personnel is on the job just before hopping to my one and he/she will turn up before 6PM.

Clock ticks by and now its 5PM - i frantically hook up to the chat - alas, I am assured, please wait till 6PM, someone will surely turn up.

5.38PM - I call up the installation team - at the beginning, I am told, my account cant be found, then my address cant be located and then I was asked to wait - and I did - 35 long mintues to have the phone call ended from the other end. And i did file a complaint.

6.15PM - I call up the installation team again - the gentleman was so nice - he inspected and got me the information: i) the engineer had visited my apartment, tried on the buzzer to enter the building, even knocked on my door and even tried to call my number - nobody in my house heard the buzzer going, nobody heard the knock on the door (if you dont open the main door hearing the buzzer, nobody comes up to knock your door - the story was not wisely made), even the concierge had no clue of anybody visiting and my cell phone had no missed calls - i was like wow!!!

the guy said, he has issued some escalation and this will be handled by the supervisor of the backend installation team - and I will receive a call from the supervisor definitely today - and the installation engineer will visit my apartment even today - i knew this was not correct and for sure nobody would call me.

now its 21:44PM: nobody called me, i had a chat with the helpline, the lady told me, she was sorry and to call the same numbers again tomorrow. And the next installation date - oh thats great: 21st of July for the same movie to be played again.

And finally as an answer to my compaint I received this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here’s a recap on your complaint:
Cable > Activation/Provision > Delay in installing my services 

And here’s what we agreed:

Resolution
Apology to customer

We’ve now closed your complaint. Thank you for being so patient with us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My take, Virgin Media is insisting on getting the installation done by the clients themselves. Mostly no engineer was even asigned to the job and of couse nobody turned up and now all stories are being made. So, now I have to find my next service provider and go on a wait mission.

@Virgin Media: during this hard times, people are resorting to work from home - if you cannot deliver, please dont promise - it hurts jobs and it hurts people - please dont.

1 REPLY 1

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bodhisattwag

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us. 

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience so far, this is not the level of service we aim to provide and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I'm going to send you a PM for more details so I can look into this for you. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks,  

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide