Menu
hutchay
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Installation Delayed by over 55days without compensation

Set up an account for our new house. selected the option to pay for an engineer to come install as I could see there was no line installed at the house. Installation was organised for 26th of August noone contacted us prior but i figured they would know what they are doing and check it was available. 26th rolls around and the guy can't install tell us he'll tell his bosses the problem and they'll reorganise another visit. I hear nothing for days so I phone, takes 3 seperate 1.5 hour phone calls to get through without being hung up on. eventually get them to reschedule the installation for 19th September, a weekend we're supposed to be away but we need internet to work from home so we reorganise and wait for the 19th. on the 18th a Virgin media van parks up on the street and has a look around, they don't come and speak to us. A few hours later I get a text message saying they're changing the appointment to the 19th of October with no explanation. I type 'CHAT' into the message because i want to discuss this. nothing for over 4 hours then at 7:30pm when i'm at the gym i got 3 messages and because i didnt anser immediately it's closed... brilliant.

1. Why is the communation of what is happening so bad.

2. They first guy who came knew something needed to be installed on the street (from cabinet to house) so why did nothing get organised then.

3. We're due £5 per day without internet after our install date.

4. We're due £25 for cancelling the 19th September installation within 24hours.

5. Why is there no email or webform easy way to ask questions or make complaints.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Delayed by over 55days without compensation

Thanks for the post Hutchay and sorry to hear of the delay in installation.

The best way to find out about any pre installation work would be to call the installations team on 150/0345 454 1111 option 1, option 3 then option 1. 

You can also find the methods to raise complaints on our complaints code of practice

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos