Menu
Taylor87
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Installation Delay

Installation was due to take place in February. Technician came out but couldn’t do installation as external works were needed. Was rebooked for 2 weeks later. This appointment has now been cancelled and rebooked every 2 weeks since. Spoke to someone last week who promised our broadband (at least) would be installed today (24th April) Received phone call yesterday (23rd) to confirm someone would be home for installation today between 8am-6pm (ridiculous time frame) which I confirmed, also received a text a few days ago saying external works were being carried out ready for installation on 24th so I waited in all day (missing out on a family bbq with family I haven’t been able to see since before COVID). No show. Contacted Customer services (6.15pm) who said they would contact the technician and get back to me. They didn’t. Contacted them again (7pm) and was promised the technician was definitely coming out today and they would notify me if there was a problem. Told me to call back if no one was here by 8pm. They didn’t notify me and no technician so tried calling again but lines had now closed. The app now says todays appointment is a service request (although was confirmed as installation) and has changed to 25th, if this is the case then why did I have to wait in all day? And am I now expected to do the same tomorrow? I have seen virgin media workers doing external works on my road this week so dont understand why mine wouldn’t have been done at the same time. I work for the nhs and was told I would get priority installation which clearly wasn’t true, I have no access to the internet so am having to use mobile data to complete work tasks which has cost me a fortune. I have used 5 days annual leave for appointments which have all been cancelled a few hours before every appointment. I am so angry. If there is a problem I just want to know instead of being made false promises.

Can someone reply to me ASAP as I don’t know if I’m needed to stay home yet again tomorrow.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

Has the external works been completed? If not there is no point staying at home 

0 Kudos
Taylor87
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don’t know, I assumed so if the technician was coming out but now I’m not so sure. 

0 Kudos
Taylor87
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

App just says service request and someone over 18 needs to be present to sign for the package.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do you already have a virgin media box outside your property? 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Taylor87,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your installation. 

I have been unable to locate your account from our side and so what I will do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos