Menu
speedstrider
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Installation Delay - COVID

Last week I upgraded my broadband only package to include TV.  An engineer visit was booked for mid Feb and I cancelled my TV contact with existing provider.

Today I have had a text to say the installation is now postponed due to COVID.  The only info I have had on my endless call and being passed around is that the engineer has decided to put a hold on the job - no clue on when this will be done now!  Also no clue on whether this is specific to my address - we are fine here so no risk specifically! 

Since I have already cancelled with Sky I am really tempted to undo the whole thing - nobody can really explain why this has happened and when I will get a new date.  Has this happened to anyone else or can anyone give an idea on how long these delays add to the process?  I get COVID is a big issue but this date was fine a week or so ago when I agreed to the new package!

0 Kudos
skayani
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Delay - COVID

We have had a similar problem this evening. Engineer was booked for next week for an upgrade and the appointment was cancelled with no indication of when it might be rescheduled. Now received an email reverting our account and tariff to an incorrect bill amount. Absolutely livid, haven't been able to get through to Customer Services on the phone yet. 

0 Kudos
speedstrider
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same here - on the phone now again as I had an email with a new 'contract' that bears no resemblance to my new package - hard to see if it's throwing me back to my old broadband deal or cancelling the upgrade altogether.  Already regretting this decision!!

I wouldn't mind so much if there was a new date to at least help me decide what to do.  Could it be days or weeks before they turn up now?!

Let me know how you get on - and if anyone from Virgin reading this could do better than the awful customer service we are facing that'd help!!

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I''ll be honest when I say my many experiences where Virgin has delayed a job due to things like additional work has ended up with delays up to 2 months...

Most recently I had a job cancelled no notification, I actually had to come on here and put 'daily' pressure on one of the staff to keep chasing the issue and they where hitting brick walls themselves trying to just reach field managers in the area, it took me getting the attention of one of the workers in the field (public) and asking them to get there boss on the phone and ask what the hell was going on.

It was at this point where everything moved much quicker but still slower than required, the whole issue here and with other cases in the past was communication failures REPEATEDLY! EVERY TIME!

I was scheduled for installation om 19th November, this disappeared from my order tracking about a week before (11th Nov) I reached out to confirm it was still going ahead and was told yes, on the day, nobody came and then finally it was realized that nobody came because nobody was booked.

I didn't get installed until 2nd December and as mentioned this was because of my own actions and the kindness of one of engineers in the field, I would probably not been connected still if it wasn't for my efforts.

As for the TV: If your going from Sky Q to Virgin's TV, you'll be disappointed in the features available on there latest box, despite all that effort to get installed I was forced to take there latest 360 TV box instead of the V6 TiVo box which I enjoyed using in the past and now have had my contract cancelled and in process of moving back to Sky.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
skayani
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I got through to someone finally and was assured that the upgraded contract has been put on hold until engineers are able to attend my property. Apparently the engineer will contact us directly when that's the case but they cannot guarantee whether that will be two weeks or two months. It's upsetting because they are blaming Covid for cancelling appointments but they are still carrying out installations for new customers. This is not a tightening of restrictions because of the national lockdown, it's simply shoddy treatment of their loyal customers. I'm seriously considering leaving

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I was actually going to say they've been installing and servicing all the way through the "lockdown"

Based on the companies current status with customer service the fact that I'm seeing way to many people not getting helped within respectable time frames (ie. months), performance issues that are currently way to common and also historic and finally commercial decisions with services and equipment

I would encourage you to look at your options.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
speedstrider
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both,

Yeah despite the new deal being very good I just don't think I want to give them a penny now based on this alone.  I know TV isn't everything, but when we are locked down and I have cancelled what was a decent product to come to Virgin then this is awful service.

I'm on hold now again as I switch back to Sky.  Doesn't take long to lose a customer does it?!!

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

New TVG customer should not, as far as i am aware, being put on hold. This does sound like an error.
We are not installing additional STBs but first ones for new customers should be fine.
Please private message me your details and i will pick this up for you.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@speedstrider wrote:

Thanks both,

I have cancelled what was a decent product to come to Virgin then this is awful service.

I'm on hold now again as I switch back to Sky.  Doesn't take long to lose a customer does it?!!

@speedstriderlessons will be learnt and as a Sky to Virgin to Sky again customer in the space of 6 months, I'm assuring you your making the right decision to go back, whats the broadband offering like for you with Sky?

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thank you for flagging this, we did see something in the logic behind some of our posponed work orders that didn't feel right and it looks like yours was one put on hold in error.

I have now made the changes and put your install back out for the original date. Apologies for the confusion.

have a great day.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos