cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Date

GMo1
Joining in

Hi, 

Recently signed up to Virgin after moving house.  Agreed date of May 04th for installation.  Just received email advising the date has been pushed back to 15th June, without explanation.  Can someone please contact me, I can't wait this long without internet as need to work from home.  Have been unable to speak to anyone online or phone.  

Thanks, 

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

While you are waiting for an official reply, you might like to browse the posts in this forum from the many would-be customers who are in the just same position as yourself.  If you are waiting for a new connection by one of Virginmedia's subcontractors who run the cable from the road to your house, delays of weeks or months are commonplace.

The new date you have been given is simply an estimate, and is liable to be further delayed with little or no notice.  If internet connection is important to you, it would be as well to look for alternatives - either on a temporary or permanent basis.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks the reply.  I’ll look at alternatives then possibly upgrade to virgin when I already have a wifi service in place.

09loopy0
On our wavelength

Hi,

It is better to not cancel the Virgin installation, instead get NowTV broadband installed on a monthly rolling contract. Past the first delayed installation Virgin compensation is £5.04 per day. Eventually Virgin will install and when they do you can get that compensation.

tl;dr it is profitable to leave the installation going, once it is finally installed, get compensation and leave Virgin or stay.

Hi there @GMo1

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your installation! I understand how frustrating this must be! 

I'd be more than happy to look into this with you and see why the installation has been delayed, I will pop you a PM now to investigate. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you. 

Another month another delay, delayed on 23rd May till 1st June and now delayed until 30th June.

5 months and going!