cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Date Changing with No Contact

Elm
Tuning in

VM cabled my street recently, and I'd been waiting for the chance to sign up.  I was a customer in a previous property.

I was given an installation date of 27 April, but needed to change it.  It was rearranged for 4th May in the afternoon.  I took time off etc to be there.  No-one showed up.  I checked the app and saw that my installation visit was now booked for 18th May, but no contact from VM to cancel or rearrange.  I'd had the SMS on Monday or Tuesday this week confirming they were coming on 4th May, but nothing other than that.

I called Customer Services, and didn't quite get a full explanation; but they did manage to rearrange to tomorrow, Saturday 6th May, in the morning.  That's fine; and with a partner who works shifts I managed to move things around to be free.

I've just logged into my account today and found it's changed back to 18th May again...!  Again, no emails, no phone calls, no messaging.  I don't really want to wait 2 more weeks, as my existing contract will have ended by then and I'll be without internet for some time.

I've tried the live chat with no luck this morning, and I'm at work so can't call right now.  Anyone got any advice on how I can get them to stick to a date, and ideally one soon?

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A piece of good advice. If you are changing to any provider that uses a different network infrastructure to the one you already have, do not take it as "read" that there will not be any installation delays. Usually with Virgin it is duct blockages that cause dates to be pushed back.

I always advise those switching to overlap their services with their old provider by a month.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Elm, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

We are very sorry to hear of the issues you have faced with the installation of your service.

We would want to help get this resolved and provide as much detail as possible but this would involve account access. 

To look in to this further, please reply to the private message available via the red bar at the top of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat