Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Install this Saturday 14 th November

Hi,

I have had confirmation that a virgin technician will be installing my new phone broadband and tv services this coming Saturday.

please can you advise if the cable to connect my house to virgins cable network will be run to the side of my house on the same day or should this have already been done?

many thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Install this Saturday 14 th November

yes all cabling should be done on the same day they just connect up to the main terminal which should be under ground problably on the coarse way outside your property

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It’s not unknown for the external cabling to be done some days before the internal cabling. It’s two separate teams and the external one is often contractors. VM do NOT advise you when the external cabling will be done. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Except in my case the local sub-contractor, Kier, failed to tell anyone that when they attended yesterday to do the "pre-install" work that they were unable to actually connect a cable.

I specifically rang Virgin last night to verify as didn't want any issues - they confirmed my installation would "go ahead as planned, don't worry".

Nice Virgin engineer today took 30 secs to tell me he would be unable to carry out the install today. He then spent a bit of time walking through what the issue was and who should have done what. Gave some good tips for me on when the install would happen.  

That was at 2pm today. 

No one from Virgin has called back to tell me what's happening - just been cut off after holding for 35 mins and the online chat wasted an hour before telling me that they only really handle billing queries (despite me clicking "Complaint"). Oh, and did I know that they are all working from home due to Covid-19? I replied that's what I was trying to do BUT I DON'T HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION!

Any forum members with suggestions for who alternative contacts would be welcome. 

Thanks,

Rik

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That’s what I’m bothered about.

A neighbour on my close was due to have his services installed on the 7th.
The installer turned up but was unable to complete because the road side cable had not been connected to the house.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Update! The cable engineers connected their equipment to the front of the house yesterday. Virgin services installation today. Looks all good, I will soon be playing with all the new gadgets... haha 😆 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@RikChat  Best to re-post in a new thread of your own.  When people "add in" their issues to an existing thread it's really difficult to respond to multiple posters who've all got very similar problems yet individually different circumstances.

Whether that will get a useful response I can't say (nothing material I can contribute), but what it does also do is give additional visibility to the problem surrounding VM's broken new connections process.  There's some things will only change VERY slowly, for example VM's below-par customer service, because the whole customer service model needs rebuilding, but "new connections" is potentially a quick win because it's quite contained, and all that's needed is a process change to properly implement the simple project planning that's undoubtedly there in a vestigial form, have 100% follow up to confirm on time completion of each stage, and proper customer contact.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Andruser 

This is my post I was merely updating its status. Easily done, your forgiven 😂 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Apologies and no problem, but I did realise - my comment was to RikChat.  When VIP users put in something like @Bilbo-the-customer the forum software brings up a notification in Bilbo's notifications, so they will have their attention drawn to the message even if they aren't monitoring this thread.  To forum readers it appears that it's just a hyperlink to Bilbo's profile, but that's not how it's used.  It's one of the few perks of VIP status - if you put in a hyperlink Bilbo's profile it would appear the same to other readers as when I make an @ call, but the forum software wouldn't put your message in their notification feed. 

Fingers crossed your install goes according to plan!

Edit: I'd hoped to break the @ notification in my example by the use of hyphens, but it looks as though the hyphens got ignored, and there is a user Bilbo, this  appears in their notification feed and they're now thinking "who are these people?"  "What has this got to do with me?"  So apologies to Bilbo.  And you'll see why it isn't general functionality for all users.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos