cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install delayed multiple times - VM can't explain why

snowflake2022
Joining in

My installation date has been postponed multiple times, as there is an issue with the cable outside my property, which VM has known about for 6 weeks. 

Apparently there is a 3rd party contractor (maybe Avonline?) who is meant to fix the cable, but VM won't connect me to them, nor can VM explain why the work has not been completed. 

Talking to the pre-install team/customer service team has proved completely useless - no one can give me any helpful information and I still have no idea when the outside work is going to be carried out. In the meantime, I have no internet at home, which means I can't work, as my job is remote.

Any suggestions of what else to try? I am desperate.

2 REPLIES 2

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

when it goes wrong this is the loop you find yourself in - VM dont talk to the contractors - theyjhave booked the job - thats it - out of their hands - it will happen when it happens is as good as it gets - ring and you will be told its all going to be dome tomorrow then tomorrow etc - in other words they have no idea

what do you do - in order

1. look for another isp - temp or permanent - a 5g router or a deal with another provider

2. DO NOT cancel the install with VM - you are entitled to a fiver a day compensation from the 1st install date they gave you - they may huff and puff and blame anyone but themselves but it matters not - if they want to short change you go to CISAS

it could all happen next week it could take months and no one has a clue when - so if you need internet now its for you to sort then sit back and take the compensation when it comes 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI snowflake2022, thanks for the message. 

The prepull works can be done at anytime until the date of installation. 

Once these have been completed you will be able to get the service installed and the install can be cancelled at any point. 

Kind regards, Chris.