Menu
tomtom8008
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Install date now unscheduled due to the letter 'a' added to address number,waited months for a connection

I have waited over 2 months for connection to my new house.

I was eventually given a date of Saturday 3rd October but subsequently informed that this has been 'unscheduled' and a site visit has been scheduled for 5th October instead to find the address of my home.

The reason? The local council added a letter 'a' to my address number. The house is the exact same one previous virgin staff have visited.

I have said this repeatedly to the so-called 'help' line and various people (& 'AI') on the 'useful' text helpline. Ad nausium.

I asked for the area manager to contact me to sort this out. I was told they would do this yesterday and helpline staff would contact me with an update, neither of which transpired. I have waited an unreasonable amount of time to get connected and then when I was in touching distance virgin's systems threw a spanner in and the 'computer said no'.

I have posted twice on the personal board yesterday and today and have not had any response. I have had various text helpline conversation yesterday and today too resulting in (eventually) 'please contact sales team' the very people who did not action what they said they would.

I am losing the will to live with Virgin. Dear God, this should not be this difficult.

Can someone PLEASE help me. My installation has been unneccesarily delayed (again) due to inadeuquate systems and a lack of initialtive.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
tomtom8008
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Install date now unscheduled due to the letter 'a' added to address number,waited months for a connec

Virgin's text help now tells me that now my account is now cancelled!

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Install date now unscheduled due to the letter 'a' added to address number,waited months for a connec

The easiest and less frustrating option is to find another supplier.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
tomtom8008
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Is this a joke Virgin? What is going on? Why has my account been cancelled? Because of a suffix 'a' after my address number?

Can someone please sort this problem out?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
tomtom8008
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I want the speed of virgin, I've been a customer for over 10 years and had a move and transfer organised back in June. This is hard to believe. VM's systems are not connected. Back office took a unilateral decision. No one ever got back to me after repeated assurances they would.

0 Kudos
tomtom8008
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Why would you say the easiest and less frustrating option is to find another supplier? Are you not a virgin customer/helper/staff yourself?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am a VM Customer,

If they haven't installed it yet what makes you think that it won't be another couple of months keeping you dangling

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
tomtom8008
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was an eternal optimist that experienced good service from virgin for over 10 years. I think I've had a dozen apologies from virgin text help in the last 4 days.

Someone from Virgin called be this afternoon when I was in a meeting for work. I texted 'chat' back when I was free after work and was eventually told my account, not my installation, but my account has been cancelled. Because I missed their phone call and didn't text back until 2 hours or so later.

They now apologise again and suggest I call the sales helpline. The same sales helpline I've called over the last few weeks who have not followed-through and not helped me, at all, literally just waisted hours of my time waiting to explain to another person the same details I'd explained numerous times before.

This has been going on for over 2 months.

This just might make me look like a moaner/complainer. But it's the sad truth of my enagements with Virgin Media staff and systems.

It is really frustrating & disappointing.

What does it take to speak to an employee who wants to solve a customers problem?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Those that will talk like the VM Staff on here are only go betweens, they can't instruct anyone to do anything.

0 Kudos