Menu
AFKmuch
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Install date changed twice, now set for 4 weeks after originally dated.

Like the subject line says, I have had my install date pushed back by 2 weeks, twice now. They say it's because outside work has to be done, but here's the thing. it never had to be done...

When I moved in, we already had a virgin line coming into the flat, I even plugged in the hub and it was able to find an IP address for it, and was just complaining about not having a service to virgin (because it hadn't been activated) I spent 3 days, THREE DAYS, talking to virgin, trying to get them to activate my service, just so I could see if it was working at all, since they were adamant that there was fault. after eventually giving up I noticed two men outside my flat, and then noticed that my hub had changed as they had ripped out the old line (which was clearly working as now the hub can't find an IP address.)

Anyway I get to today, 3 days before my install, I have a text  that I have replied to saying that all is good for the installation, then this afternoon I get a new one "We have to do outside work so we have to push back the install" two more weeks.

What more work is there to do? why did two men come and rip out the working line, and not replace it? Why did no one at virgin believe me when I said I had a working line and just wanted to activate my service? Why did that one guy on the phone with me just hang up after he said he was asking a technician about it?

I am livid. I am currently working from home and need access to the internet to work since my office is closed. I am working off a 4G dongle that barely can keep up and is affecting my productivity. I am unable to play videogames in my spare time as I am constantly disconnected from the 4G network.

All I want is a broadband connection and Virgin have done nothing but make my life miserable.

Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Install date changed twice, now set for 4 weeks after originally dated.

Hi @AFKmuch,

Thanks for posting on the forums and welcome. I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with your installation push backs and that it isn't clear at all what is going on.

I have not been able to locate your account so far from the details you have signed up to forums with so have been unable to check - are you able to confirm if you have had any further correspondence about this over the last couple of days or are you still seeking further advice on this?

Let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AFKmuch
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Molly,

I haven't had any updates, I got a text this morning saying someone would call me about the install today, but I haven't got an install, and now my order date on my account says "NaN/NaN/NaN" So I am super worried about this.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nanana - is VM code for..... There is a problem connecting the service and we have applied to your local council for permission to dig up the street or pavement.  Probably the duct is blocked and they can get the cable through.

So hunker down for a long wait... most local councils wade in treacle doing this.  Check the council website - when its approved it will appear on there to give local residents notice of the dates to expect disruption. Then, VM have t arrange a 3d party contractor to do the digging, and then their own teams for cable pulling and then installation.

Could be quite a time before the install is complete and operational.

Are there any other ISP's who could connect you quicker?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
AFKmuch
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No John, this is the only service that can provide a connection, I don't understand why they assumed there was fault without doing any checks before I moved in, and then why they refused to listen to me when I told them that there wasn't a fault and that there was already a line that the previous tenants were using.

I've actually just been told by customer service that my installation has been placed on hold
The previous time I was speaking to them I as promised it wouldn't be delayed further. "Will ensure your account will be on priority and will make sure all the cabling work will be completed and there won't be any further delay" is what I was told.

My productivity at work has tanked since I don't have access to broadband and I rely on having to download files. the 4G router that I have cuts out multiple times a day and ususally gives me speeds less than 1mbps, I'm also enjoy playing video games to unwind but haven't even been able to do that which just makes me more and more stressed.

I basically have to endure 11 more months of this until I am able to move house again to hopefully somewhere with an actual connection.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Lets see what @Molly_G can find out

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi AFKmuch,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, I am sorry to hear you still haven't been installed or heard anything, I tried to have a look our end however wasn't able to locate your account with the details we have for you.

So I can help further I will send you a invite into a private chat so I can get some details from you, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos