Menu
Edwardannoyed
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Install cancelled. No updates.

I was due to have my Virgin broadband installed on Tuesday 6th but the install was cancelled due to construction work.

This previously occurred back in September due to a blocked duct which was repaired. Once this was repaired the pre-install people arrived and installed the cable. Four days before the install was due to take place they cancelled it again due to construction work needing to take place.

I phoned up and they said they had no timescale and no idea what work needed to be done. Very helpful. 

I phoned again and now they tell me they have no idea why it has been cancelled as there is no issue? Apparently no construction work is needed. They then pass me onto the construction team. Construction team tells me that their manager will give me a call and an email to confirm exactly what is happening.

It has been three days since that call and I have not heard a word. Please tell me what is happening as I am tired of calling and being told different things every time I call. I have no install date, No broadband and no idea what is happening as clearly the tech support do not know either.

I need an update ASAP as I have now gone a month with no broadband tomorrow and need it to work. 

0 Kudos
lilolilo27
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Install cancelled. No updates.

Hey,

I can relate, having had a similar issue and no resolution/update, see here. Seems like there are a few other folks with the same experience around here.

Hopefully someone has had some kind of positive outcome...

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Install cancelled. No updates.

I'd give it 6 to 8 weeks of construction work is mentioned as that seems to be about the time frame for such things as it's typically involves the council who are not quick. 

0 Kudos