cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Virgin Broadband in flat

Klep-Manner
Joining in

Hi!

I am the leaseholder of flat north of London that only gets phone line/DSL connections, and have been with Vodafone for a while now for broadband. We have had countless issues (I want to tear my head out at how utterly useless their support system is) and we are absolutely desperate to go to a different provider. The flat directly above mine shows postcode access to Virgin Media broadband/fibre on the website, but mine does not. I am in a town centre with newly-built flats directly above my street cabinet so I assume the capability is there. I would gladly pay for a business line at this point, the frustration of countless line drops (50+ just today) and low speed is immense.

Is it possible to get cabling run to my unit? Using existing routes and just cabling down to the front or back of my flat? There are holes in both sides already present. Can there be a survey run for this?

I'll gladly take any advice, thanks!

Klep

2 REPLIES 2

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

"I want to tear my head out at how utterly useless their support system is"

I hate to bring it up at this moment of hope but VM is not renown for the high quality of its support system either. 

Saying that the VM forum team can be helpful and may be able to investigate this further for you. 

Do raise official complaints with your current provider. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Hi @Klep-Manner 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, to the community.

Please accept our apologies for the difficulties you are having, I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more