Menu
THM
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Install Nightmare - Help!?!

Hi All,

I would be grateful if anyone has any advice on how to sort our new install nightmare out?

Summary of events so far:

Install originally booked for 20/12/20: Engineer arrived on time but had broken his cabinet key the week before so couldn't complete the install. He installed the internal cabling and router and arranged for someone to come on the 21st to complete the install at the cab. (External cable in place from a historic install) 

Second engineer visit 21/12/20: The engineer arrived and opened the cab but he couldn't detect a signal from the cab to the property. Neither next-door neighbor have virgin cabling, he left promising to come back and sort before Christmas but we never heard anything.

Rang customer services 24/12/20: On the system, the install was marked as complete. Discussed that it was not, engineer visit booked for 31/12/20.

Third engineer 31/12/20: Marked as total service loss and booked cable re-pull which was booked for 2nd of Jan. 

02/01/21: No one came - rebooked for the next working day. Customer services were adamant that they would arrive when rang after the appointment time.

04/01/21: No one came - rebooked for the next day. 

05/01/21: No one came - rebooked for the next day. Customer services were adamant they would arrive.

06/01/21: No one came - rebooked for the next day. Rang customer services who passed me through to the dispatch team. The dispatch team e-mailed the contractor and said we would know what was happening within 48 hours.

07/01/21: No one came - rebooked for the next day

08/01/21: No one came - rebooked for the next day. Rang dispatch team directly, they sent another e-mail to the contractor and promised an update by end of the day - no update received.

09/01/21: Let's see if anyone comes, now you may call me pessimistic but I doubt they are coming.

For reference, the cab is pretty much outside our front door and there are 2 stumps of cable poking out of the pavement outside our property which hasn't changed since 21/12/20.

I've spent more hours on the phone to customer services than I wish to remember with no resolution and even with direct contact with the dispatch team I'm still getting nowhere. 

Any other suggestions of who else to contact to get this moving forwards, as I now feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall?

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Install Nightmare - Help!?!

I've flagged this for a staff response, in the meanwhile you may wish to ponder the question "If this is how the company treats shiney, valuable, welcome new customers, what will my customer experience be with any issues that arise later?"   Followed perhaps by the question: "Do I still want to give this company my money and be locked into an 18 month contract with them? "

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

THM
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for flagging.

Unfortunately VM are the only provider who can provide out property with fibre broadband so they have got me over a barrel!

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

please accept our apologies for the poor experience you have received so far, let me see what I can do to help.

please can you send me a private message with your full address and postcode so I can find out what’s happening for you.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again,

I have now flagged this to the Field Manager in your area and they should be in touch today to get this resolved for you.

Thank you for your patience and again accept our apologies for the experience so far.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

RossGalloway
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I am currently in a similar scenario. Could you please provide the number for the dispatch team? I managed to speak to them this morning but the line went dead and I didn’t record the number. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @RossGalloway,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I can see you have spoken to the team today and they advised you of the correct process.

An engineer visit is booked out for you to get the issues resolved.

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RossGalloway
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

This engineer that is booked was booked by the senior engineer that came on Wednesday as a supposed follow up call out to make sure everything was working appropriately once the cable had been re-pulled yesterday. As this didn’t happen, the engineer on Monday is just going to say the same as the previous two, and that is that the cable needs re-pulling. 

I spoke to the team this morning and one person was very helpful and forwarded me to the dispatch team who was ready to arrange someone to come out today, however the line went dead. I then called back and this person was reluctant to forward me onto this team. Please can you provide the phone number for the dispatch team? This is getting beyond a joke now, especially since it’s on the record that the cable at my property has been re-pulled when I can confirm it hasn’t, and so did the engineer who visited Wednesday. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@RossGalloway

I will follow up with you via PM to discuss.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos