Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Initial Setup - Access Denied

I received and setup my router last night. An hour after setting it up I got a text to say it had been activated however nothing changed and when I go to see my network status it says ACCESS DENIED.

Is this an issue with the kit? The cabling? Or is it an account activation issue?

I have rebooted the router last night and this morning. I just have a solid yellow light. Also when I use the service status test on the website it fails at around 30%.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Initial Setup - Access Denied

are you a new customer or is this a replacement hub?
Has the connection ever worked?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I’m a new customer and using the port that was used by a previous tenant in this flat. On the status screen it’s just showing “locked”.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

With acknowledgements to newapollo.

It sounds like the box hasn't been activated yet.

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

You could also try the following :- VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just tried this and he sent a signal refresh and reboot. Still no luck. Continues to show access denied and Gateway IPv4 not valid.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi reyt_nice, 

Thank you for posting and our apologies for the delay in response. 

I can see that you have spoken with the team since your last message to us and an ticket had been raised. 

Have you been provided with an update since then?

Nat
0 Kudos