Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Infrastructure Quality

Possible not VM responsibility but is it any wonder, a lot of folk are experiencing intermittent issue along with the Network overload VM must be experiencing since lock down?

Here's the 2nd cabinet along from my connection:

Road Cabinet Virgin.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Infrastructure Quality

Hi.
Sorry your photo is not showing. What seems to be the problem?

If my answer was helpful to you please mark as helpful or consider leaving kudos.
Thanks Scott

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi I’m Chris a Virgin media Tech

Could you please private message me your account number as well as address or your VM landline number You can access my private messaging by hovering over my name.  I can then access the required information.

If you found this information useful or the issue was resolved, please give feedback by clicking the thumbs up Kudos icon and marking as a helpful answer.

If you would like to learn more about receiving £50 of your bill please private message me.

Kind Regards

Chris VMTech

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

pic should be there now, it was just a general post for discussion

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris, I can PM you if you like, but this was just a general outlook for discussion 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There are two things going on here. First the general point about network resilience. VM are saying publicly that their network is not under pressure from increased traffic.  That monitoring encompasses both their residential customers and business customers who share the same infrastructure.  They are also saying that they are monitoring it daily. So far no signs of having to impose any restrictions on use.

The second thing is this. In some places at some times VM are clearly very lackadaisical about maintenance of their local infrastructure. That applies in normal times  

They are often slow to snail like in repairing cabinets or detecting when cabinets are in a state of near ruin. We see it all the time with reports on this Forum with photos like the one above.  

They are also slow in arranging repairs. I cannot count the number of times that the VM Forum Team have passed on repair requests from us as VIPs and they haven't been actioned until the request has been repeated several times. and that includes requests from me about my local cabinets.

In this case the cabinet in question may be VM's. It's not clear. I haven't seen inside too many of them. But if you'd like to post the nearest post code and enough information to identify its locality - for example the street name and post town, but absolutely nothing else (and I mean that) I'll make sure (as a concerned user) that this gets checked out by the VM  infrastructure people and repaired if necessary.  Would you do that please, @Delta7 ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That's definitely a VM cabinet. BT etc don't use any coaxial. 

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. i'll escalate this if/when I get a reply.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sure, School Road Tw15

As regards to:

There are two things going on here. First the general point about network resilience. VM are saying publicly that their network is not under pressure from increased traffic.  That monitoring encompasses both their residential customers and business customers who share the same infrastructure.  They are also saying that they are monitoring it daily. So far no signs of having to impose any restrictions on use

It would be extremely embarrassing at least, if not financially in respect of getting new customers, to even admit to having to impose restrictions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Second point - way too cynical. Sorry VM haven't got the guile to pull that kind of wool over our eyes.

First point, I'll escalate now for you