Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Infill / New Install ETA

Hello forum team!

I was just wondering if you could ask about the status of a new dig / install, PR7 6QG. Wayleave signed and agreed a few weeks ago for the street and the planner had been out to see where the cable will go, then contracts were signed by residents of the street the day after wayleave was agreed but still nothing on local planning website (can see other VM planning on nearby streets etc for the next 2-3 weeks). Person said 6 weeks before build commences, so was expecting to see planning go in for the work by now. Worried as I am going to get my first bill in Dec for the oomph bundle according to the signup direct debit emails I got! I already have received the sim card (not even opened yet to activate) and TV package works fine via Virgin Go already. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Infill / New Install ETA

Even when the build goes in there will be a period where the the new network segment has to be connected to the backend network & tested.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oh I know that. Like I said, I have parts of the "oomph" package already, and the direct debit is set to come out mid dec at £235 (2 months + £35 setup) for a service that looks like it won't be "active" in time and paying for the 2 months that I don't actually have a service for. So hence me asking the staff here to see if there is any update 🙂 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Billing should be triggered by the customers kit being activated. They should not be charging you in advance for services that are not active.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I ported out my mobile and had 2 broken Tivos and despite many calls they still billed for  the complete package anyway - didn't bother them at the time. They are less than 100M rom my new house but I can't get it - Not sure how to ask if they intend to do an infill - there are only 38 houses on this road - and it's the only road that does not have virgin!  but was built in 2011) 

Oh to be within reach of 500Mbps again... 18 ADSL does not quite cut it anymore lol 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@happywithmy350 wrote:

I ported out my mobile and had 2 broken Tivos and despite many calls they still billed for  the complete package anyway - didn't bother them at the time. They are less than 100M rom my new house but I can't get it - Not sure how to ask if they intend to do an infill - there are only 38 houses on this road - and it's the only road that does not have virgin!  but was built in 2011) 

Oh to be within reach of 500Mbps again... 18 ADSL does not quite cut it anymore lol 

hmm. what happened to the 1000/220 connection you said you had now?
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/With-1gb-lines-becoming-cheaper-and-more-available/m-p/40...

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Can any staff be so kind as to help with my original post? 

🙂

Ta!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi feeps,

Thanks for you post.

Your first bill will be generated when your services are installed. You would not be charged until you have them 🙂 I can look into your account if you would like peace of mind or if you want any more information on the construction side I will pop you a private message and look into this for you. Keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Many thanks,

Zoie_P

0 Kudos