cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Equipment Suppled

Dansgramps
Tuning in

(1) I currently have a Hub 2 with 200 speed.

(2) Looking at my package I noticed an upgrade offered to Hub 4 and speed increase to 350 with a modest increase in price and £35 installation fee. I accepted the offer and received an email confirming the speed increase and that a Hub 4 would be supplied.

(3) When the new Hub arrived it was a Hub 3. I telephoned the contact centre who told me the Hub 3 was sufficient for the speed increase I wanted. I explained that if the offer was for a second hand Hub 3 I would not have accepted it. I was told to make a complaint if I was unhappy.

(3) Then spoke with retentions. The lady I spoke with explained that VM have run out of Hub 4s. She also said that I could be placed on a better package. I was asked to send the order confirmation by email to her supervisor. She would then discuss it with her to see what could be done. It would take an hour or so as the supervisor was at a meeting. That was two days ago.

Any advice on how I should proceed would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub supply issue is "real" they are saving the Hub5's for new 1GB customers only and stocks of Hub4's are low.

They only have to rent you with fit for purpose equipment - you cant request which Hub you get. And a (refurbished ) Hub3 is good for the 350 service. The Hub4 (or Hub5) is not really any better, what improvements are you expecting of it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub supply issue is "real" they are saving the Hub5's for new 1GB customers only and stocks of Hub4's are low.

They only have to rent you with fit for purpose equipment - you cant request which Hub you get. And a (refurbished ) Hub3 is good for the 350 service. The Hub4 (or Hub5) is not really any better, what improvements are you expecting of it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for your message John and I appreciate the point that you make.

Whether there is any disadvantage in having a refurbished Hub 3 over the newer Hub models for 350 speed is a point that I am sure you are much better placed to answer than I. I am also aware that the equipment supplied is at VM discretion.

However I do expect to be supplied with the equipment offered in the promotion. I did not look to alter my current arrangements but took advantage of an upgrade offered to me by VM who, presumably, knew they had run out of Hub 4s yet still offered them in the promotion. If I had been contacted and advised a refurbished Hub 3 was being supplied I would have declined and left my services, and equipment, as they are.

I am pleased to say that after further contact with retentions today the matter has been resolved to my satisfaction.