cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompetence or Crony practice

dinesh28nov
Just joined

I was offer a plan during broadband renewal for a £34 per month. ( was also asked to take an o2 mobile & stream on top of it). but now iam being charged £40 per month just for the broadband. Its impossible and tedious to navigate the messy customer service. I this common practice in virgin?

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Your experience with VM's customer service is not unusual. A cynical person might suggest that it is designed to discourage people from calling in with problems that cause work for VM.

Don't accept any offers of extras that you don't need, because they are designed to hook you into additional charges at renewal time. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Client62
Legend

A cynical person might believe there is a mis-selling loop hole conveniently enabling a sales team based offshore to avoid compliance with UK laws.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi dinesh28nov, thanks for joining our forum page and welcome to the VM community.

We're sorry to see your price came out incorrect based on the deal you agreed with us recently, we'd love to best assist with this.

Although we do not deal with package changes over the forum normally, we wish to help with that too if needed as our agreement has not been met based on what you've advised.

In order to view more on this and help, I will send you a PM here shortly.
Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs