cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Cable/ Brown Box Relocation

wjk45
On our wavelength

My incoming cable and internal white box is located behind my corner located TV in the lounge but we will be relocating the TV to the centre of the lounge outside wall about 2.5 metres from the corner. The internal box in it’s current location will look unsightly when everything is relocated and I don’t want to run the cable along the skirting board to the new equipment.

Can the outside box be moved further down the outside wall from its current position or can VM run a cable from the current location of the brown box down the outside wall and pop it through the wall to a new white internal box in the new location?

Hope that makes sense.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

Yes it does make perfect sense and I would have thought the second option of leaving the external omnibus where it is and running an external coax around and through the wall, would be the better option. 

As a non-fault issue there is a flat fee of £99 for this to be done.

In a day or so, one of the forum staff should get to this thread and offer to get in touch with you for more details.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jem101
Superstar

Yes it does make perfect sense and I would have thought the second option of leaving the external omnibus where it is and running an external coax around and through the wall, would be the better option. 

As a non-fault issue there is a flat fee of £99 for this to be done.

In a day or so, one of the forum staff should get to this thread and offer to get in touch with you for more details.

wjk45
On our wavelength

Thanks, I realise it is a chargeable job and will be quite happy with that. Running a the cable down the outside from the brown box would be my preferred option as that would leave the bedroom V6 box cable undisturbed.

Hi wjk45,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, I will be more than happy to arrange this for you with a £99 charge which would go on the following bill, so I can I will invite you into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul. 

Hi wjk45,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat, please let us know when you wish for us to come and relocate the cable and we will be happy to arrange thios.

Kind regards

Paul.

wjk45
On our wavelength

I am now ready for the cable move and Paul_DN from the forum team has been very helpful and booked an engineer appointment for me on 2nd September, even better news the £99 charge has now been reduced to £25.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Glad to hear that Paul has been able to sort this for you @wjk45

Do let us know how things go and if we are able to assist you further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M