On Saturday 29 October 2022 (AM), yes FIVE WEEKS AGO, Virgin Media came and installed a box ILLEGALLY in my property, when nobody was home. I only realised because I came home (only out for 1 hour!) to find the bins in the front garden had been moved around and there was a load of drilling dust on the floor! There was a white cheap plastic looking box on the wall and then a black wire going across the wall and somewhere into the ground where the house meets the pavement?!
I checked with everyone in the house and with neighbours to see if anyone knew anything about a Virgin broadband order - ZERO. So the next day I spent forever on the phone to Virgin, sent them pics of the CRIMINAL DAMAGE as requested and was then supposedly transferred to the Field Engineers Team - before being cut off from their side two hours later!
To cut a long story short, five weeks later and 30-40, YES 30-40 CALLS later I am no further with my complaint. Half of the people I speak to barely understand English (today one woman asked me to spell my name phonetically five times), and the rest may understand English but have no clue what to do about a non-customer complaint. I have also been cut off at least 8 times, I don't think that's a coincidence! I've heard things from 'We can't compensate non Virgin customers because we can only apply credit to customer accounts' - to 'We can offer you £50 compensation onto your account' - to 'We cannot deal with this query because you are not a customer' - 'We are not allowed to directly contact the Field Support Team and can only escalate via email' - the list goes on. I've even been transferred to SALES on a few occasions without any kind of warning as the agent obviously did not know what to do about the complaint. I've been given a complaint reference, a fraud claim reference and some other reference beginning with I!
On average the calls I am making are taking up 1.5 to 2 hours of my time, including waiting time and being put on hold. Each time I get told the same thing - someone from the Field Support Team will call you back within 48 hours - NOTHING SO FAR. The last person I spoke to this afternoon, before being cut off, told me that the Field Support Team did not have my number and had left messages with the customer service team asking when the damage happened and where exactly it was. My question is where has the contact information I have given over 30 times been entered or passed on to?! As you can tell I have given up on the phone/chat options and so here I am!
My complaint points which I need resolved are:
1. To remove the illegally installed box and wires, repair the wall/floor back to exactly how it was including the colour WITHOUT LEAVING A MESS THIS TIME - and in ONE visit. I will not have someone coming to LOOK at the damage - what is the point of asking for pictures???
2. I need to know how Virgin have allowed someone using a fake name to have a box installed in my property and an account set up on my address. Do they not make any kind of checks beforehand, in which case this can happen again? I was given the name on the account by three different agents on the phone and that person (even if real) has never lived at my address. WHY IS THE FAKE ACCOUNT EVEN STILL ACTIVE AS OF TODAY?!?
3. I have requested compensation for:
- the immense stress this has caused me and my family over the last 5 weeks
- the constant issues I have had with my work because of the box interfering with my own Wi-Fi - including being cut off work calls over and over
- the hours and days I have spent trying to resolve this
- the damage caused to my property. Here I would like to mention that I need the property put back to how it was before the illegal installation. That does not only mean filling the holes but making the wall the SAME colour as the rest of the house - I WILL NOT ACCEPT A VISIBLE 'PATCH' in one corner of the house. So unless Virgin can come up with a process for mixing a 15 year old paint, I will need the rest of the property painted.
I will leave it there for now, in the hope that someone out there has some ideas or may have experienced something similar, or can even connect me to the team who can finally deal with this mess. I really cannot spend any more hours/days on the phone to incompetent agents and really hope that it doesn't affect my mental health for many more days!
Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this long post or respond!