cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illegal installation

Sereika1984
On our wavelength

Good evening

virgin media have illegally installed a box to my property without permission for the neighbouring house

I have been complaining for weeks and I am getting no where I was told the box firstly would be removed within seven days and it hasn’t 

second complaint logged last week was told I would be contacted within 48 hours a week later and I still haven’t heard anything 

this I feel is criminal damage as I have not given permission for this to be attached to my property which I own and also the wire has been drilled into my pointing. 

Can anyone offer any advise please 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If someone drills holes in my house without permission or a court order, that is criminal damage. No question. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

63 REPLIES 63

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post some photos of this box, and how/where it's attached that you say it shouldn't be?

That will certainly help others more familiar with the install side, advise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you and yes by all means.  This is illegally attached to my property I am not a virgin media customer and my permission was not obtained. 

BC8A2EE7-8CC1-48F5-BECA-01698161E358.jpeg

B0DF6418-FF35-4B45-86C1-774CC6AA7C8A.jpeg

B36FA728-0967-4ECB-AE61-A5675AC43F15.jpeg

C36B15E3-9121-4442-AD12-CEEBDFB9F641.jpeg

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

who have you spoken to - the 7 days and 48 hour time periods are certainly just made u to get you off the phone - as asked post some photos - is your neighbour now connected to VM or is that a work in progress

is 896a the installed property - can you trace the wire back to the pavement and show how things are there

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I’ve been on the phone to virgin “customer services” and the wattsapp chat.  I have posted the pics 

thank you for your time

Hi yes that is the property next door.  Is this something that also needs to be addressed with them. It’s a rented property next door 

from your description that is the front of your property and your garden in front - i would assume they have also run the cable across your garden - the position of the pavement tee may have made that the ideal route but that should only have happened with your permission which clearly was never asked for or given

that seems to be a statement of fact - from there it could get difficult - it should not but VM's way of dealing with things like this are not the best and thats being generous - calling CS will get you nowhere - things like this are just ignored with them telling you something will happen in so many days - you have had that twice and it will continue if you ring again - any complaint will likely also be ignored or closed

staff here will refer it to the area field manager - AFM - who may do something or also may ignore you hoping you will get fed up and go away 

that the negative but truthful facts - i may have it wrong and VM may jump into action and sort it when the AFM gets an email - i hope it does but dont hold your breath - what can you do - that very much depends on you and your relationship with your neighbour - they are now connected to VM - i have no idea if you have discussed this with them but they may not care how its connected - i get a rebuke every time i say this but whats happened is illegal and trespass - if you want to remove it all thats your decision 

but give staff here a chance - lets be positive and wait for the AFM to sort it

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi do you know how I approach the AFM 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sereika1984 wrote:

You don't. It's part of VM's internal escalation (if deemed necessary) once the forum staff have taken a look over this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sereika1984 wrote:

The VM Forum Team will pick this up in due course and make any necessary referral to the AFM.

Whilst there may be a civil case for trespass it is unlikely that this could be classed as 'illegal' or criminal damage.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs