cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If cancel the broadband contract, will there still be compensation?

kwan5b
Joining in

Hi guys, I got a delayed and delayed installation of broadband. Now I want to cancel the contract directly, will there still be the compensation? What action should I do to get the compensation? On the other hand, I got a useless Wifi-Dongle from virgin. How can I return it? Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Yes, the automatic compensation scheme rules do require VM to pay compensation for a delayed install, even if you cancel.  Whilst it is supposed to be automatic, in your case you'll need to raise a complaint, and to do that in writing by post (you can't use phone or online options as they require an active account number).  if the complaint isn't handled well, then you need to use Ombudsman Services to review the matter.

Also, read this.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @kwan5b

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear that this has happened!

Have you spoken to our teams in regards to this since your last post? If so has the cancellation been booked and a complaint raised?

Thank you. 

I did not raise a complaint yet. Is it better to rasie a complaint by post after the cancel?

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@kwan5b wrote:

I did not raise a complaint yet. Is it better to rasie a complaint by post after the cancel?

dont cancel - let it run and let the compensation mount up until they finally get you installed - once thats done test it if you want and cancel in the first 14 days at no cost then collect whatever is owed in compensation

you might have to use the arbitrator as VM have a record of not paying but you should get your fiver a day in the end

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi kwan5b,

We'd be happy to raise a complaint for you here if you prefer?

Please let us know, if so we can pop you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

Yes, please. Thank you.

Yes, please. Thank you.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kwan5b

Thanks for your response

I am going to drop you a private message now, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs