Menu
Steve_Arm
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If Yodel does not deliver - complain to Virgin

Hi All,

This is the second time I have ordered something from Virgin and they dispatched using Yodel. For the second time, after waiting in all day, I got the update email to tell me I wasn't at home.

The first time this happened my package finally got delivered on the 4th attempt - 3 times I had to wait all day only to be told I wasn't there!

God only knows if this is going to be the case this time but I have come to the conclusion that, rather than complaining to Yodel we should all complain to Virgin. If Yodel are not meeting their agreed service level then Virgin can cancel the contract (although I believe that they will just use it as a bargaining chip to hold prices down rather than giving customer service) - let's see if Virgin can surprise me by getting a decent courier company

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: If Yodel does not deliver - complain to Virgin

Do VM not give the tracking number to the customer when sending via Yodel?

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
Steve_Arm
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes they do - but so what? You can track your order on Yodel website and be told how many deliveries are before yours but if they do not turn up then it makes no difference. Yodel are, unfortunately, completely useless and do not attempt to help the person waiting for a delivery - after all, they have already been paid by Virgin.

We, as Virgin customers, should make demands of Virgin that they change their courier or that they demand Yodel improve their service - and the only way we can do that is by complaining to Virgin each and every time Yodel fail to deliver.

Remember, in the end it is all down to money - Virgin choose the most inefficient courier because they get a good deal but if we, Virgin's customers, lose out (either by having to take a day off, lose wages or any other loss), it should then be Virgin who compensate us. That would then make using Yodel a false economy and may even get us a better level of service.

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Steve_Armwrote:

Yes they do - but so what? You can track your order on Yodel website and be told how many deliveries are before yours but if they do not turn up....

Surprised at that if you can see you are next and no knock on your door.

Ok I never had anything sent direct to me my VM but Yodel deliver things here and I've had no problems.

0 Kudos
Steve_Arm
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Glad that you can get deliveries to you - more of an issue when people can't get deliveries and took time off to wait for them or otherwise had to inconvenience themselves waiting for a delivery that doesn't arrive.

I assume that you also get deliveries from other companies (I certainly get deliveries from Royal Mail, DHL, DPD and others) and that would make them (on our very small sample) more reliable than Yodel.

Check other areas of these communities and you will see I am not alone in having issues with Yodel and, if VM could be bothered, it should be easy for them to discover what % of deliveries are not made.

Unfortunately, I rather think that VM would then use those figures to get a better price from Yodel rather than investing in a better courier company that would benefit their customers.

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Only one had problems with is Royal Mail if sender hasn't used one of their services with tracking. 

Thankfully bought by Ebay/PayPal so sellers sent me a replacement for lost one or given me my money back if seller that given satisfaction.

Some of these firms are either the same company or deliver for each other.

We are a close knit group of houses and watch out for each other such as taking parcels in so no need to be home.

0 Kudos
Steve_Arm
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Check these:

Yodel tops list of worst parcel delivery firms (again)

10 Worst things Yodel have ever done

Have Yodel learnt lessons

Realise that neighbours can be a help with taking deliveries if we are unavailable but does require the courier actually bothers to turn up in the first place!

0 Kudos
RocksteadyEd
Just joined
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I agree Yodel is the worst courier company.

I recently had a virgin engineer deliver my new hub3 as Yodel failed to deliver to my home two days in a row yet claimed they had tried to deliver.

I had travelled from Glasgow to Falkirk to receive it. I tracked them and like the other posters here they drove right by.

Calling their customer services is a joke as they gave me incorrect information and in one case blatently lied and laughed in my face.

I stay mostly at Glasgow and this meant me doing a 50 mile trip twice to get satisfaction. Also used up my phone credit on their 1p a minute customer services number over the 6 times I called them.

Only by highlighting to Virgin how poorly Yodel services their customers can we get this issue resolved.

Saying this I used the resolver site to send a complaint to yodel as they do not have a complaint email shown on their site.

Yodel said sorry with no explanaton as to how the failure happened and referred me to Virgin for compensation.

Before the Virgin incident I stopped using retailers that used Yodel now all I want to do is get Virgin to stop using them and publicise how bad they are.

0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

They will (unless it has changed) deliver to a Click+Collect location for free (so no £5 delivery fee).

Don't think your alone.  I had a delivery from DX the other day,  they said it would arrive some time between 6 A.M. and 8 P.M. and that ID was required on delivery.  And last week I had a Amazon delivery, safe location is next door.. Yet they decided my trash can was a much better location.  I also stopped shopping from Dabs (Now BT shop) due to their choice of delivery agent years ago.  Cant remember exactly who they were using, but for some reason I think it was HDNL (who rebranded to YODEL to get rid of the bad smell).

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
ryanarrichards
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I want to make everyone aware of this situation, in the hope it doesn't happen to anyone else!

I agreed a contract with Virgin mobile for an IPhone X last Tuesday (02/07/2019), and the phone was due to be delivered to my home address via yodel the following day. I waited in for my parcel all day until finally at 8:30 pm it arrived. I opened to parcel to discover the IPhone X handset was missing. I called virgin and was on hold for 35 minutes, and at 9:05 pm (5 minutes after customer services close) a lady answered the call. I told her the situation and before i could provide my account details she put the phone down on me! I then had to call a different department that was open until 10 pm, and after being on hold for a further 50 minutes, someone answered, recorded the details but told me they couldn't help and instructed me to call back at 8 am the following day. I lodged a formal complaint around 10:30 pm via virgins website the same evening.

I then called back the next day at 8 am as instructed, to be told Virgin needed to carry out an investigation before i could be provided with the handset i had paid for. I was told this investigation would take 48 hours. i called back 48 hours later and was told it would take longer, and was fed more disinformation. Virgin confirmed they still would not provide me with my handset and could only offer me £50 good will (which i declined)! I then asked Virgin to cancel this contract (as im within the 14 day cooling off period) so i could get a contract elsewhere and finally get my IPhone X. Virgin told me i cant cancel my contract until the investigation with yodel was complete and they do not know how long this could take! It is now 10/07/2019 and i have not heard back from Virgin. Every time i have called, iv been given the same answer; they will not provide me with a handset or allow me to cancel my contract until the investigation with Yodel is complete. Virgin have also confirmed they have had this same issue with Yodel numerous times recently and i am not the only customer to experience this problem.

I am utterly disgusted with how Virgin have treat me throughout. I have now been without a smart phone for over a week now with no clear indication of when i will get one. I cant even leave this contract (that Virgin are now breaching) and get a smart phone elsewhere without having 2 contracts open in my name at the same time (which could have a negative impact on my credit score). Virgin contract Yodel to deliver their goods, and this issue is between Virgin and Yodel. Why should i be left without a handset because Virgin haven't carried out the necessary due diligence in ensuring their customers get delivery of the goods they pay for. 

0 Kudos