Menu
somates
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

IP Lease Table Limit Exceeded The maximum number of IP leases is 16.

It seems the Superhub (version 3.11) cannot set up more than 16 DHCP reservations. That seems a bit pathetic. Yes - I could set up in modem mode and add another router but than brings its own problems.

Does the Superhub 4 solve this problem (I also have the ssh disconnect issue with this superhub which is also a pain)? I.e. can I reserve a reasonable number of local IP addresses in the DHCP lease table (where reasonable is surely at least 255 😉 ).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: IP Lease Table Limit Exceeded The maximum number of IP leases is 16.

What problems does adding another router have? For most of us, it only solves problems.

If you want more than 16 DHCP reservations, why not just give those devices IP addresses outside of the DHCP pool and make them static?

0 Kudos
somates
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

> What problems does adding another router have? For most of us, it only solves problems.

Mainly because when things break, there is more chasing to do as to which device is the cause (and because my only other current router is a TP-Link device, and if that and the Virgin Superhub drew pistols at dawn for competition for the worst router, they would both shoot themselves).

> If you want more than 16 DHCP reservations, why not just give those devices IP addresses outside of the DHCP pool and make them static?

Because static IP addresses cannot be centrally managed and therefore it depends on the devices themselves ("managed" by others) to properly configure themselves.

More, my question was just whether the Superhub 4 would fix this, because if so, given the other problems with a 3 device, that might be a sensible route. I agree it is not the only route.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Surely the question is why would you want to set up more than 16 DHCP reservations.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I can assume he has more than 16 devices, but why you would want to reserve an address for everyone of them in a mystery.

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I must be a mystery man then.  All my kit has Reserved DHCP, with a couple of static IP's.  Maybe it's just "because I can"  😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Adduxi wrote:

I must be a mystery man then.  All my kit has Reserved DHCP, with a couple of static IP's.  Maybe it's just "because I can"  😉

Not if you are using the default VM hub you can't 😄

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@somates wrote:

Does the Superhub 4 solve this problem (I also have the ssh disconnect issue with this superhub which is also a pain)? I.e. can I reserve a reasonable number of local IP addresses in the DHCP lease table (where reasonable is surely at least 255 😉 ).

You need one of these.

ZyWALL VPN300 VPN Firewall | Zyxel

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
horseman
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Adduxi wrote:

Also worth Remembering that  (“albeit well meaning”) contributors sometimes have far less than 3 decades of actual “hand’s on” test trial experience?

That invariably results in minimal experience with a diverse range of (soft/hard)ware versions even on limited VMDG505 models let alone VMDG640 models irrespective as to whether you refer to any as SH3 , Hub 3, SH4, Hub 4…….

Ergo-Due to (debatably) asinine but (inevitably) understandable NDA VM trial restrictions: Then any attempt to provide contemporary user assistance will result in potentially ultimate punitive restrictions to any/all individual Trial/Community Ambassador/ Super User/ Very important / Variably Intolerant users that naively attempt to assist… other members of the community!

A few (“so called Super Users” ) have thus been “banned/removedresigned”……. In last decade……..

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I like to see you do reservations for phones with randomised MAC's

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos